PDA

View Full Version : Mask foam replacement

Old School 626
03-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Since we've had help full "how to" threads about refurbing anno and what glue to use to attach foamies, let me ask this question:

What do you do when the foam on your mask is starting to shred?

No poll here, just wanted to know if you replace it, what do you replace it with and where did you get it? Or, the ultimate answer; "buy a new pair you cheap bastage!"

SkinnyHare
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
only had that happen once... pretty much just remove the rest of the foam with a razor and glue the new stuff in just like the "replacement" thread describes.

StygShore
03-31-2008, 11:26 PM
V-force Grillz.... 6.00 replaceable foam inserts that drop right in as easy as the lenses do.. Main reason I bought the goggles because I hate wearing out the foam.

Styg

custar
04-01-2008, 12:23 AM
In a pinch, you can use adhesive-backed foam sold as insulation/door seal at most major hardware stores and Wal-Mart. I like the thicker, closed cell foam better than the lighter, open cell foam.

custar

questionful
04-01-2008, 01:23 AM
I noticed the foam on my bro's ski goggles was much more comfortable than the one on my Proto EL's. Do y'all think I could by replacement ski-goggle foam and put it in my Proto's?

B-Pow
04-01-2008, 09:00 AM
I noticed the foam on my bro's ski goggles was much more comfortable than the one on my Proto EL's. Do y'all think I could by replacement ski-goggle foam and put it in my Proto's?

Depends on the shape of the lense frame, if they're close enough I don't see why not.