PDA

View Full Version : Need Warp Help

Enhander
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, so I got a Warp feed for my Tac...here it is:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s113/enhander/DSC05818.jpg

Im having one problem with it. It works, but not 100%. Once I turn it on and load paint through it, once the paint is shot through the tube, I have to push the button on the bottom again to load more paint in the tube. Is this just because theres so much tension on the hose near the top of the feedneck? Or is there something up with the warp? Do I need to tape that button down so it keeps the motor spinning???

EDIT..I now know its sound activated. Ive tried every setting on AGD's Warp manuel and nothings working...Help??

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
you need to try a few things

did you read how to use the jumpers? if you have to many it might not spin. if you have it in the wrong spot it could not be in sound mode and in intilli mode waiting for the switch to close.

the fact that you can push the botton to feed them show that they feed just fine, but if you really want, take the hose off the gun and dry fire it and see if it spins.

post back and let me know how it goes.

Tunaman
03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
2 things I see.
1-you need to use the 90 degree warp adapter in the feedneck to get rid of that sharp bend on top
2- you need to get some Superhose. That stock hose sucks..but should work with the 90 degree adapter.
The warp should spin on every shot, if not you need to adjust the sensitivity with the blue pttentiometer on the warp board. Make sure the jumpers are set for "sensor". Let us know...

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:11 PM
you need to try a few things

did you read how to use the jumpers? if you have to many it might not spin. if you have it in the wrong spot it could not be in sound mode and in intilli mode waiting for the switch to close.

the fact that you can push the botton to feed them show that they feed just fine, but if you really want, take the hose off the gun and dry fire it and see if it spins.

post back and let me know how it goes.

still no spin. I tired adjusting everything with the jumpers. Took the hose out too. Grant it im dry firing, I assume if it has paint in it it really doesnt matter..either way? Also, that sensitivty adjuster is pointed to the top, hasnt been turned at all. I gotta be doing something wrong. Since I have the intelli frame, my jumper should be set on negative right? Which is the top on the right set of jumpers. Should I even have my dwell set to anything? Right now I have 2 of the 4 jumpers on it.

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:13 PM
do you have it hooked up to the frame or just sound?

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
2 things I see.
1-you need to use the 90 degree warp adapter in the feedneck to get rid of that sharp bend on top
2- you need to get some Superhose. That stock hose sucks..but should work with the 90 degree adapter.
The warp should spin on every shot, if not you need to adjust the sensitivity with the blue pttentiometer on the warp board. Make sure the jumpers are set for "sensor". Let us know...

Do you sell the 90 degree adapter tuna?? Im new to all this warp feed stuff..so im a little lost. I know what you're talking about, the pttentoimeter is that blue thing that can be adjusted. Right now its set all the way to the top (i havent messed with it) I thought since i had an InteliFrame that the jumper needs to be set on negative?

If I put the sens jumper on and turn the adjustment wheel the motor doesnt start turning until its almost all the way on the other side. Once the motor starts spinning, i move it back just a tad so the motor stops. Still nothing.

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
do you have it hooked up to the frame or just sound?

hooked to the frame?? im sorry i sound so ignorant, this is my first warp feed.

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
hooked to the frame?? im sorry i sound so ignorant, this is my first warp feed.
you can have a switch in the frame so everytime you pull the trigger it feeds a ball into the gun. or you can have it with just sound.
if you do not have the switch in the frame then the jumpers have nothing to do with the fame and should only be used to make it work on sound.

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
you can have a switch in the frame so everytime you pull the trigger it feeds a ball into the gun. or you can have it with just sound.
if you do not have the switch in the frame then the jumpers have nothing to do with the fame and should only be used to make it work on sound.

ok, 2 questions then,
1) where can i get a switch to do that?
2) If they arnt avaible anymore, what do my jumper settings need to be?

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
ok, 2 questions then,
1) where can i get a switch to do that?
2) If they arnt avaible anymore, what do my jumper settings need to be?
radio shack, you can get all the parts for about $7 and be done in about 30min.

your jumpers need to be set to sound only.

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
radio shack, you can get all the parts for about $7 and be done in about 30min.

your jumpers need to be set to sound only.

so i take it that has to be set on the "sens" jumper and then mess around with the adjustment knob?

what parts do I need to get at radio shack??

again im sorry, i feel like an idiot asking all this stuff, but i just want the thing to work.

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
so i take it that has to be set on the "sens" jumper and then mess around with the adjustment knob?

what parts do I need to get at radio shack??

again im sorry, i feel like an idiot asking all this stuff, but i just want the thing to work.
a switch, wire, 3/32 mono male plug.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/jonny72888/HPIM3394.jpg
see the wire and switch, you will need to do something like that.
or just run it with the sensor.

yes the jumper has to be set to sens and the move the knob around till it feeds on every shot.

Enhander
03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Ok, thanks man. Good news to report.
I put the jumper on sens and moved the knob around a bit. The motor now turns a bit every time i fire. I take it its not going to spin a huge amount right? It spins a little bit every time a shoot the gun.
Ill get a chance to test it 100% tomorrow, and run some paint through it, but does it sound to you that its working properly now?

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Ok, thanks man. Good news to report.
I put the jumper on sens and moved the knob around a bit. The motor now turns a bit every time i fire. I take it its not going to spin a huge amount right? It spins a little bit every time a shoot the gun.
Ill get a chance to test it 100% tomorrow, and run some paint through it, but does it sound to you that its working properly now?
yes, ok now with the other jumpers you can adjust how long it spins for. i think it the less jumpers the more it spins, i think... it coould be the other way around.

jonny72888
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/intelliwarp.pdf

Enhander
03-31-2008, 09:04 PM
yes, ok now with the other jumpers you can adjust how long it spins for. i think it the less jumpers the more it spins, i think... it coould be the other way around.
Sounds good, ill test it tomorrow and report my results. If it ends up still giving me fits, ill buy the parts and make the switch. Thanks for the link!!!

varq
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Ehander... I had similar problems that went away witht he intelliswitch mod... i stongly recommend you buy the 90degres adapter and the intelliswitch mod. you can get all that from LUKE at http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0001.htm if u dont want to build it urself.

Also I highly recommend the Big cell mod so you can run 2 9v batteries at 9v (last longer) The toggle switch is great but requires some milling.. (I did that myself)
http://www.automagsuk.com/warpfeed.html
(see pic towards the bottom) U can make it connect instead of hard wire... make sure you get the polarity right or it will fry the board.

goodluck

Hgblues
04-01-2008, 07:16 AM
couple of things. I believe the sensitivity bracket works off of gun vibration and not sound? Or do the later models work off sound? , next, the sensor is really unreliable and it gets even more unreliable as it gets older, so the switch is definitely a great idea. My warps have been on electro's and always wired to the trigger since day 1 of my warp (8 years ago?...) As far as battery, i've never used more than 1 9 volt, with a revy on top, and see no need to use anything further, like the 2 battery hookup or anything faster than a revy ..

Enhander
04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
couple of things. I believe the sensitivity bracket works off of gun vibration and not sound? Or do the later models work off sound? , next, the sensor is really unreliable and it gets even more unreliable as it gets older, so the switch is definitely a great idea. My warps have been on electro's and always wired to the trigger since day 1 of my warp (8 years ago?...) As far as battery, i've never used more than 1 9 volt, with a revy on top, and see no need to use anything further, like the 2 battery hookup or anything faster than a revy ..

Yea, the sensor is just going to be temporary. As soon as I can get a switch Im going too. One question though. Whats the jumper setting supposed to be on with the switch on the gun? Isnt it supposed to be on the negative jumper?

luke
04-01-2008, 08:13 AM
I sell them if you don't want to make one up yourself.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/Page5_Warpfeed/Warp_inteli_switch_W_screws.jpg

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0005.htm

(you will need to use Internet Explorer)

Enhander
04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
I sell them if you don't want to make one up yourself.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/Page5_Warpfeed/Warp_inteli_switch_W_screws.jpg

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0005.htm

(you will need to use Internet Explorer)

Ill probably be getting one of those from you soon!

Beemer
04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
One question though. Whats the jumper setting supposed to be on with the switch on the gun? Isnt it supposed to be on the negative jumper?

Yes. Go here and click on Warp Manual.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/manual.shtml

Enhander
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Let me get this correct,
The LESS jumpers I have set for dwell, the faster the warp will spin? Less being the jumpers installed, not removed?

secretweaponevan
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes. Go here and click on Warp Manual.

http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/manual.shtml
^this

Enhander
04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I know, I just wanted to cofirm that I was understanding it correctly.

Enhander
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Well I went out and tested it today and it still doesnt work. Ive tried every dwell setting with the sense jumper in and now when I turn the adjustment knob the motor doesnt even spin.
Any thoughts?

Tunaman
04-01-2008, 07:12 PM
does it spin when you give it a rap with your knuckle?

Enhander
04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Never really tried..guess Ill have too. I just bought a switch for the Inteli Frame...im done messing with this vibration syncing.

Edit: I tried tapping it on the side..it moved very little. Im hitting it rather hard as well. Still no difference.

jonny72888
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
how many jumpers do you have on it?

Tunaman
04-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Never really tried..guess Ill have too. I just bought a switch for the Inteli Frame...im done messing with this vibration syncing.

Edit: I tried tapping it on the side..it moved very little. Im hitting it rather hard as well. Still no difference.You shouldn't have to hit it hard. Adjust the sensitivity with the blue pot. Make sure the battey is good...

Enhander
04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Currently I have the 1 jumper set on sens and 2 jumpers on dwell. Ive tried everything though. The tac-one has virtually no kick so its not pushing that much of any vibration for the sensor to pick up.

Enhander
04-01-2008, 08:20 PM
got a new battery in it. I've adjusted the sensativity like crazy. Worked on it for about 2 hours straight. When I get the switch, that should fix my problem...right?

secretweaponevan
04-01-2008, 09:54 PM
got a new battery in it. I've adjusted the sensativity like crazy. Worked on it for about 2 hours straight. When I get the switch, that should fix my problem...right?

If your vibration sensor is shot, then yes, going intelli will circumvent that.

Enhander
04-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Good thing its on its way then lol

Enhander
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Ok, I got the switch, Set the board to negative, plugged it in and the warp wont stop spinning now lol, what do I do? I thought it was only supposed to spin every shot..not all the time?

EDIT: Switch works, but it doesnt shoot as fast as the gun is pumping paint. I have 0 jumpers on Dwell, shouldnt it be ripping??