PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Questions

dre1919
04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I have a couple of questions about the X-Valve that someone here can answer I'm sure. I'm not a newb to Mags, I just haven't owned one in a few years and haven't been that active in paintball / AO since that time.

#1: I know the X-Valve comes with the Lvl 10. However, is the Lvl 10 already tuned and ready to just drop the whole X-Valve assembly into the Mag and go?

#2: Do all new X-Valves only have the "X" on them, and nothing more?

#3: What's the material the X-Valve is made of? I'm curious because I have seen a few of these colored X-Valves running round (such as pewter and red). Where did those come from? Aren't the factory versions black? Can these be anno'd?

It's nice to be back more, and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the Mag family again. Thanks for the answers everyone.

-Andrew

ManInBlack
04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty sure they're made of aluminum, which is why they can be anodized. As for your other questions, you'l have to wait until someone more knowledgable comes along.

joelbird
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
level 10 and xvalve new need broken in and tuned. and you can anodize the valve but it is a risk that it may not work when it comes back. the pewter and such were all factory ano. if it has ano and an X on it. it is factory.

craltal
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
it's possible to get one annoed, but due to potential tolerance issues most will only anodize the back half

agd did release some colored valves, but they are somewhat rare now.

Paint-Fool
04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Not trying to high jack the thread but I know they made several different colored bodies as well as the valves. I've seen green and purple bodies...did they make valves to match?

joelbird
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Not trying to high jack the thread but I know they made several different colored bodies as well as the valves. I've seen green and purple bodies...did they make valves to match?

yes
one valve for every body

dre1919
04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
So then, in essence the basic answers are:

The X-Valve still requires breaking in and tuning even once you drop it in the Mag.

The X-Valve only has the "X" on it.

The X-Valve is made of aluminum and can be anodized, it's just not a great idea (and if you're going to do it, only do the back half).

The factory was the only ones really doing anno jobs on the X-Valves, but they stopped doing that (save for the black finish) and the ones you do find are kind of rare these days.

That all seem to be correct? Are you able to send the Mag into AGD, get the X-Valve put in and the Lvl 10 tuned? (Because tuning the Lvl 10 was something I never enjoyed doing when I had the one I used to years ago).

Thanks for the answers all.

-Andrew

trevorjk
04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
if you want some one to get your mag flying perfectly, contact Tunaman.

craltal
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
yes
one valve for every body

I don't believe they did valves that matched all of the factory body anodized colors. I know they did blue, red, and pewter but I've never seen purple or green x-valves

joelbird
04-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't believe they did valves that matched all of the factory body anodized colors. I know they did blue, red, and pewter but I've never seen purple or green x-valves

true, i thought they did, but these are all the colors i could find. now is it a true picture or photoshop i do not know. it looks like it is trying to stretch it, so it is blurry. it is the valve picture from tuna mart website. all but the green. but i ti have not seen a purple valve.

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY PICTURE

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/9117404925.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/7921381)

trevorjk
04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
what about the "ice"?

maniacmechanic
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
true, i thought they did, but these are all the colors i could find. now is it a true picture or photoshop i do not know. it looks like it is trying to stretch it, so it is blurry. it is the valve picture from tuna mart website. all but the green. but i ti have not seen a purple valve.

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY PICTURE

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/9117404925.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic/7921381)

I've never seen a green or purple either ; TUNA speak up

SkinnyHare
04-01-2008, 06:10 PM
now it's just "x" on there like someone already said. just going off two valve serial numbers i have (one says "xvalve" the other just "x") the switch would have happened somewhere between #3570 to #5k something.

punkncat
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
The tuning of the LX is nothing to be worried about. It is a natural wearing in of the oring on the bolt, adjustments to make the carrier fit it and not leak.

Pretty much the only way to tune it is to use it a bit. It comes from the factory shooting and working, but will most certainly develop a bolt leak a case or so in. A few minutes of work and it will be good to go. After it fully breaks in you really don't have to mess with it. I have shot with the same carrier for years without having to change it again.

Paint-Fool
04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
yes
one valve for every body
Thanks for answering. Green would be sweet..if they actually made any.

Tunaman
04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Purple yes...green no. ;) The problem arises when trying to match ano colors to each piece of the gun. 2-3 different alloys are used, and an ano guy that doesnt know what they are doing will screw them up every time. PK and RPG are the only ones that ever got it right. Doing these valves are a nightmare to match, that is why there isn't too many colored ones around.