PDA

View Full Version : Dynaflow help needed

PRPB
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a 68/4500 centerflag dynaflow just sitting around cause the on/off leaks. I want to get if fixed but I have no idea what happened to centerflag. So what I need is a diagram of the on/off and more important the sizes of the o-rings and where I can purchase them.

acropilot19
04-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I found this on PBN, just bought a used Dynaflow myself, tho havent aired it up yet.

If you ever get a leak from the On/Off, don't freak out. It's pretty easy to fix, and may not even require any parts.

Drain your tank first, then unscrew the on/off button (Side note: you need two allen wrenches of the same size to do this--you might want to keep this in mind next time you go to the hardware store). It comes apart into two peices, one is a long pin, the other a cap that screw onto the pin. I'm not sure if it matters, but remember the orientation for when you reassemble.

Inside there's another part to screw out--it requires a different size allen wrench. Screw it out.

The rest of the parts just slide in--they are held in place by the last peice you just screwed out. These are basically metal rings alternating with O-rings.

Take all these peices out, carefully noting the order and direction.

Inspect the orings for cracks, damage, etc.

It they are damaged, replace them (you may want to buy some extras from your paintball store).

If all the o-rings are intact, simply clean them off, and reassemble everything. This is what worked for me--I'm guessing I just has some dirt in there and cleaning everything off fixed it.

(and then from CENTER FLAG)

It nice to see people taking the initiative in finding and fixing their problems. Of course if everybody did it it would put me out of a job!! Actually most leak from the on/off are really just that simple. I would suggest one more thing.. We recommend that you lube the o-rings as you put them in.. White Lithium Grease is what we use when we service tanks. Available at any hardware store.

Some other helpful hints:
If you are leaking from the end cap (output adjuster) you have a problem with the reg seat.
If you are leaking from the on/off in the on position only, the Black o-ring in the on/off needs to be replaced.
If you are experienceing a reg creep, slow rise in output pressure, again the reg seat.
If you are experiencing reg leak but don't hear anything, after leaving the gun on for a while and you come back and the pressure on the output gauge is lower, you have a slow leak in you connections, or the o-ring on the piston is dirty.
If you are getting in consistent output pressure on the output during firing.. 2 things could be wrong. Be sure that the end cap, the par that hold the ouptut pressure adjustment may not be screwed on securely, or the tiny set screw in the end of the piston inside the end cap is mis adjusted. To fix this check first the end cap. If it fairly easy to get off i.e. by hand, it is not on tight enough. If you take a 1/8 allen wrench to the set screw in the brass piston turn it all the way in then back it out a 1/4 turn.. Clean and grease the end cap and the piston then reassemble.

look on PBN in their HPA section, its a stickie at the top, no picks tho. Hope it helps some.
:)
-Acro

PRPB
04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
any idea on the size of the o-rings and what type of o-rings? The ones that where used to replace the original o-rings where those soft black o-rings and that made it worse. Also I think they but the wrong size in as well.

Also a side not the on/off only leaked when it was turned on. When off there was no leak.

Ruler_Mark
04-01-2008, 01:57 PM
the small clear ones have a compactible one from your mag's parts kit since we all have loads of thoose. There is a black one in there too on the outer wall, that is a #7 8 or 9 i forget which buna that you can get 10 for from home depot or loes for like 2$

di96
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Leaks around the on/off are usually the black o-ring on the side once the on/off pin is removed. Hard to see but its there. Pull it out and take it to Ace Hardware they should have it, or whatever hardware store is in your town.

If you want to buy a full repair kit I have a spare Dynaflow parts kit here if would like to purchase just toss me a PM. If you want to send the reg this way I can repair it for you.

-Craig

di96
04-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Went looking for a diagram and dug this one out of a deep deep hole (took forever to find it), but here ya go. I did not resize because I didn't want to loose any detail.

Enjoy,
-Craig

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5914/img0028ot7.jpg

Boy_Wonder
04-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Hey, thanks for that image. Going to archive that for myself as well! I just picked up a used dynaflow and I have a feeling that's going to come in handy.

acropilot19
04-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Okay, new prob. I reassembled the reg piston, but the order of internal parts seems wrong. Specifically the reg piston seat (black plastic disk) & reg piston washer (little brass washer w/ pointy pin on one side). It looked like when I was dissassembling, that the brass washer was at the bottom, with the black "seat" on top, then the spring, then the hex nut. The diagram shows the black seat, then the brass washer, spring, & nut (actually, the diagram doesnt even show the hex nut that holds these items in). If this is correct, does the pointy end of the brass washer point towards the spring? I was kinda thinking the pointy pin on the brass washer fit into the tiny hole in the base of the reg piston.
Please Explain.
:confused:
And by tightening the hex nut on this assembly, will that increase the pressure allowed before the safety valve vents (I'm assuming this is the safety vent that will bleed air when the output pressure is set too high).

This all started when I raised the output pressure to about 1000 psi to try & get some bounce outa my Mag, and the reg started leaking thru the adjustment knob. My knowhow is based on reading past posts, and a google search with poor results.

Thanks, I hope.

Ruler_Mark
04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Okay, new prob. I reassembled the reg piston, but the order of internal parts seems wrong. Specifically the reg piston seat (black plastic disk) & reg piston washer (little brass washer w/ pointy pin on one side). It looked like when I was dissassembling, that the brass washer was at the bottom, with the black "seat" on top, then the spring, then the hex nut. The diagram shows the black seat, then the brass washer, spring, & nut (actually, the diagram doesnt even show the hex nut that holds these items in). If this is correct, does the pointy end of the brass washer point towards the spring? I was kinda thinking the pointy pin on the brass washer fit into the tiny hole in the base of the reg piston.
Please Explain.
:confused:
And by tightening the hex nut on this assembly, will that increase the pressure allowed before the safety valve vents (I'm assuming this is the safety vent that will bleed air when the output pressure is set too high).

This all started when I raised the output pressure to about 1000 psi to try & get some bounce outa my Mag, and the reg started leaking thru the adjustment knob. My knowhow is based on reading past posts, and a google search with poor results.

Thanks, I hope.

yea just crank that baby down!