PDA

View Full Version : KC Trouble Free Purple?

nevtangle
04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I was in the shop this weekend and found some purple KC N2 laying around and picked up a bottle. I know they are out of business and the stuff is getting hard to find. Is there any difference between this stuff and the blue? Has anyone used it?

Thanks.

BlackVCG
04-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I think it was basically a white mineral oil that was slicker than the original blue formula. The downfall to this oil is that you have to clean the gun regularly and wipe off the old oil because it starts to solidify.

I talked to the owner of KC Trouble Free and he basically said he offered the stuff for people seeking top performance, but he recommended the blue stuff for general use. I just remember him more or less talking me out of using the purple and sticking with the blue.

nevtangle
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hmm... well I thought I had found a replacement and the major difference was color. Maybe not. The purple N2 is still synthetic tough.

d4m4don3
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I still have a few ounces of hmp and a big bottle of the blue stuff. I wonder if anyone else willl be selling this stuff now that Kercon is gone now.

behemoth
04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I think it was basically a white mineral oil that was slicker than the original blue formula. The downfall to this oil is that you have to clean the gun regularly and wipe off the old oil because it starts to solidify.

I talked to the owner of KC Trouble Free and he basically said he offered the stuff for people seeking top performance, but he recommended the blue stuff for general use. I just remember him more or less talking me out of using the purple and sticking with the blue.

HE LIVES!

What up?

ta2maki
04-02-2008, 05:28 AM
I have both. To me, the purple stuff seems 'sticky'. I left it out in the sun, so now it's a weird blue color. I don't care for it, so I went back to using blue. I have 7 small bottles, so it should last me a long while.

BTW paintballgi still has them on their website.

https://paintballgi.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=407

pmstc
04-02-2008, 11:40 AM

wtf no one told me this. everyone recommended purple so ive been using it for like 5 years :(

bstc
04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
blue is where its at.

I still have a few.

I use it for paintball, and to oil my hair clippers :)