PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Mag

stoffa15
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Okay I want to keep this simple and straight forward... Iam not a NOOBE. : :shooting: I ave been playing woodsball for 9 years now and I figure I would get something diffrent. I have three Tippmanns cause i love the reliabilty and that your able to mod them so much...

This brings me to now,I just bought a left fed Automag with a Minimag valve c/f
I also perchased a Warpfeed for it too. I really want to turn this animal into a Beast :mad:

The thing is that I'm new to Mags and i want to know what the best setup for me would be.On the feild I play medium-light riffleman and I don't mined laying down some cover fire. I would like to put out 15 bps, mech or elect doesn't matter and for it to be better than my tippmanns
Tippmann custom pro,cyclone feed,star fire bolt,Ape rampage,apex barrel,flatline barrel,6 way adjustable stock,m16 sight rail,walther red dot...

AGD AUTOMAG-stock

please help me :shooting:

mobsterboy
04-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok I want to keep this simple and straight forward... I am not a NOOB. : :shooting: I ave been playing woods ball for 9 years now and I figure I would get something different. I have three Tippmanns cause i love the reliability and that your able to mod them so much...

This brings me to now,I just bought a left fed Automag with a Minimag valve c/f
I also purchased a Warpfeed for it too. I really want to turn this animal into a Beast :mad:

The thing is that I'm new to Mags and i want to know what the best setup for me would be.On the field I play medium-light rifleman and I don't mined laying down some cover fire. I would like to put out 15 bps, mech or elect doesn't matter and for it to be better than my tippmanns
Tippmann custom pro,cyclone feed,star fire bolt,Ape rampage,apex barrel,flatline barrel,6 way adjustable stock,m16 sight rail,Walther red dot...

AGD AUTOMAG-stock

please help me :shooting:

Corrected your spelling just cuz it bothered me.

If you wanna lay down serious firepower your steps are...

1) Warp Left or Right ULE body
2) Emag Lowers
3)Emag, RT Pro or Xvalve
4)
5) Profit

Or if you're on a budget, who isn't these days though...
1) Double trigger
2) Pneumag it
3)
4) Profit

questionful
04-02-2008, 12:23 AM
I personally think the SpecOps "position" stuff is affected by how you play, not what you shoot. But it sounds like you want a gun with good fire power that isn't too heavy. For the weight, I will suggest a small, fiber-wrapped air tank, maybe a ULE body. If you stick with a twistlock body/barrel, make sure the barrel is aluminum. As for the firepower, I will suggest either a pneuframe, an RT valve, or both. I think there's an RT Pro valve selling right now in the B/S/T. Anyway, here are some animations you need to memorize.

This is a classic valve. This is what you have right now. Its max BPS, without a pneu/e/e-pneu frame, is about 7BPS. With HPA and a pneu/e/e-pneu frame, it is said to go more than 16 BPS.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/automag1.gif

This one shows the pressure differences.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/rtemag2_6fps.gif

This one shows what a pneumag is, but it doesn't show the pressure differences. You can search up a bunch of information on pneumags.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/pneumag_5fps.gif

KC
04-02-2008, 12:25 AM

2) Emag Lowers
3)Emag, RT Pro or Xvalve
4)
5) Profit

1) Double trigger
2) Pneumag it
3)
4) Profit

"We wont stop tell we have you underpants, underpants gnomes are we"

Beemer
04-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Hmmmmm........... let me see if I can help.

Why must you put out fifteen BPS? Its one shot one pull so if you can pull fifteen good for you. I shoot EMag and XMag, RT pro[retro] and Mag Classic. All are set to OEM specs. Its one shot one pull for me. If I am in the Groove I might hit 12 but my average is less and I do just fine with cover fire.

It is a MAG it is already better then your Tippmans. You will just need to learn how to shoot it. I am not to up on the Tippy stuff but I think once you learn the Mag you will like it.

Go to the Tech forum and read up on the sticky threads for info. Or post up your questions and we will help you.

If you like the Tippy for relibility and Mods you will like Your Mag for the same reasons.

Post up some pics if you can. Sounds like You have a hopper left power feed body????

Nice pick up on the warp. Once you get the blimp off the top you wont look back.

Welcome to AO and The World Of Mags. :cheers:

Beemer
04-02-2008, 01:21 AM
I personally think the SpecOps "position" stuff is affected by how you play, not what you shoot. But it sounds like you want a gun with good fire power that isn't too heavy. For the weight, I will suggest a small, fiber-wrapped air tank, maybe a ULE body. If you stick with a twistlock body/barrel, make sure the barrel is aluminum. As for the firepower, I will suggest either a pneuframe, an RT valve, or both. I think there's an RT Pro valve selling right now in the B/S/T. Anyway, here are some animations you need to memorize.

This is a classic valve. This is what you have right now. Its max BPS, without a pneu/e/e-pneu frame, is about 7BPS. With HPA and a pneu/e/e-pneu frame, it is said to go more than 16 BPS.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/automag1.gif

This one shows the pressure differences.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/rtemag2_6fps.gif

This one shows what a pneumag is, but it doesn't show the pressure differences. You can search up a bunch of information on pneumags.
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/pneumag_5fps.gif

Doh double post. Nice post questionful, but the classic valve set up right will shoot 26 BPS.
Dont tell no one its a secret. :ninja: Dont make me find Hitech'S vids with a Hyper Frame 800 psi in 20BPS FA. :cheers:

Boy_Wonder
04-02-2008, 01:43 AM

2) Emag Lowers
3)Emag, RT Pro or Xvalve
4)
5) Profit

1) Double trigger
2) Pneumag it
3)
4) Profit

Possible /b/tard spotted.

questionful
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Doh double post. Nice post questionful, but the classic valve set up right will shoot 26 BPS.
Dont tell no one its a secret. :ninja: Dont make me find Hitech'S vids with a Hyper Frame 800 psi in 20BPS FA. :cheers:
Don't make me make you!!
I've heard 20BPS before, but never 26?!?! That's cool, so 800psi? RT or ULT?

stoffa15
04-02-2008, 09:13 AM
This is the one i bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170204568796&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

I haven't heard any real answers to getting all I can from the marker. Do I need a X valve,do I need a new trigger frame,or a Rt kit... Like I said I really don't know much about Mags. I am a very aggressive player that sometimes need to give cover fire for myself :shooting:

Oh whats a really good barrel for the Mags

Thanx

stoffa15
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
At the field that I play at, the players that give me the most problems are those speedballers with Egos,DM7,and that garbage ion... The guys Iam playing against shoot ropes once there in position and its hard for me to put them down if i can't get over 10bps.

THANX

varq
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a tacone with a ult and a flatline tank adjusted to 1000 psi output. And I'm able to walk the trigger which is pretty nice at maybe 9 or 10 bps and I'm not fast. I let my friend try it who is really fast and he and everone around thought it was electronic. - -i really like this set up. Soooo many options. Good luck

04-03-2008, 07:41 PM
If yiou play mostly woodsball, then get an RT or X or Emag valve(they are all the same except what metal they are made from)
then get an adjustable output tank, set it to about 1000 psi output
its not tournament legal (except the SPPL) because its ruled trigger bounce, but if you dont do the tournies then that would be the easiest way to get your bps up (WAY UP)

Oh and youll need a fast loader

and if your looking for optimum performance then the Level X is a must
high speed, reliable, no chops....sounds like the perfect woodsball gun to me