PDA

View Full Version : sl 68 help

lostprophet
04-03-2008, 07:38 AM
I have an sl 68 and when I pump it, it leaks out the barrel. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

sdawg
04-03-2008, 09:59 AM
do you have the I or the II? The SL-68 II has a bottomline built into the cast-metal grip/body.

check the o-rings on the valve. They either need oil or need to be replaced. The SL-68 is not very complex. IIRC, there are only a few o-rings in the gun.

Spider-TW
04-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I have one in the closet, let me think....

It's not a seal if it holds CO2 when you're not messing with it (Nelson type valve tube)...

I think there are two ways to make it 'pop when you pump',

If you adjust the pump arm too far out, the pump pushes the bolt and hammer back too far, opening the tube.

The valve tube spring can get old and soft, compared to the hammer spring, making the force you are using on the pump too much for the gas pressure and tube spring to withstand when you pump too fast.

If it doesn't pop when you pump slowly and carefully, try screwing the pump arm in and add a little lube to the hammer catch. Some people screw the pump arm out to make it pump without CO2 on the marker, but the SL-68 shouldn't recock without CO2.

Just a piece of 2 bit info: I tried to convert mine to HPA, but I could never get much over 220 fps. On CO2 it works fine.

2BAD4U
04-06-2008, 03:41 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~roja/152.html

Castro #66
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Remove the barrel, pump handle and bolt.

Leave the spring and hammer inside the body.

Use the bolt to turn the pump arm (metal rod that connects bolt and pump handle) clockwise into the pump handle one full turn. Replace the bolt, pump handle and barrel and try it with air again.

Do this until the problem is solved. If you get to a point where the bolt does not allow for a ball to drop into the chamber when pumped back, you've gone too far and need to back it up.