PDA

View Full Version : Evil Omen?

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Its been to long since I looked at this gun. Can somebody give me a basic rundown on it? I liked it when I looked at one the other day, but honestly im lost if its not a mag, epic or pmr.
-tech

pmstc
04-03-2008, 01:39 PM
It's a closed bolt spyder with a side-feed system.
http://www.geocities.com/darkwulflh/omen.txt

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Pro's/cons I should look out for?

EDIT: sweet graphic.

pmstc
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I've never owned one. It's a blowback sear tripper so it will probably have a bit of kick, and probably not shoot as smoothly as, say, an ego or a spooler, but if you can get one cheap I'm sure they're great.
I'm not sure how well the cam feed works (or what the point of it is :tard: )

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks, I'm lovin the side feed. Wonder if I could do that to a mag... hmmm...
LOL, thanks I'm looking for a junker electronic that I can play with in the meantime. Thanks

Anjin3515
04-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I could be wrong....but I thought the Omen was a clone of the Proto

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 02:09 PM
If it was, it would be the other way around I believe... Omen was out way before the pmr right?

garbageman705
04-03-2008, 02:15 PM
You guys are thinking about the minion.

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Ooh, your right. I knew something was wrong with that logic I just could'nt put my finger on it.

B-Pow
04-03-2008, 03:00 PM

It's a diffrent style/idea of combating chops. Think of it like an alternitive to eyes or a lvl X. If you are using a halo (or other force feed) make sure you have the newer cam arms. I've heard good and bad about the cam feed, the most common statement I've heard is that when set up right they are as good as eyes.

Honestly if you're looking for a "beater electro" check around for used guns that are no longer "in date" like DM4, DM5, PM5, PM6, EGO 5, EGO 6, gen 3 intimidators, gen 4 initimdators, older Quests, (heaven forbid) older shockers, and maybe the Evil Pimp...those can all be had really cheap. Most if not all of those guns will also come "upgraded" and to be honest there isn't that much "mechanical" diffrence between years of the major electro producers.

Part of me still wants to pick up an older matrix to see what all the fuss is about with out having to pay the big bucks. And shockingly a well cared for pimp is now seen as a "sleeper" which makes me laugh.

tech-chan
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, I have the opportunity to pick this up for 50 and thats about my top price right now since my car broke down.
Anything for about that price?

B-Pow
04-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, I have the opportunity to pick this up for 50 and thats about my top price right now since my car broke down.
Anything for about that price?

Nothing I mentioned can be had for that low...but there are DM4's on ebay for 100-200 depending on what is with them.

I understand the car problem, I drive a 01 saturn...just kinda hoping it'll hold out for a while so I can not have the expense of a new(er) car.

04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
As long as you get the recock pressure right (pretty sure theres a little screw that adjusts this under the body, its been a while) the omen is a neat little gun
the only problem my budd had with his was the barrel. Its a closed bolt gun and the stock barrel was a little big, so it tended to roll out
but for $50 Id buy it

blitzkriegboom!
04-03-2008, 06:25 PM
i never liked mine, fussy with paint, fussy with air
you need to know what you're doing
- .02 $

ta2maki
04-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I think there were some chopping issues with the cam on the first version. They were corrected on the v1.5 and v2 versions.

angrysasquatch
04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Nope, not really. I just got one yesterday, and it chopped probably half the hopper. Just what I remembered from my friend's. They require a bit of tinkering every day of play. The 1.5 arms were to make it work with force-fed hoppers (the force jammed the cam arms on the 1.0) and the 1.5 board brought the cap from 15 (?) bps to 25 bps. I know that 1.5 boards have switch sensitivity settings and changable rof, not sure if it is exclusive to the 1.5.

Basically, get it because you like to tinker. It is also a very different design, and for that reason, I just had to have one. If you don't bring a backup though, you will most likely be frustrated. I just figured it would fit in nicely as the polar opposite to my mag :D

Really, if you're looking for a gun to use for that cheap the best gun is the impulse. I know it's the antichrist and whatnot but they are incredibly good, reliable tanks for the price.

Oh, and some nomenclature. The Omen EFI is the very first one. 15 bps, can't use force feed. Then Evil made the 1.5 board and cams as upgrades and assembled it into the Omen 1.5. Then they made a new body, with the shorter feedneck and a few other things (the bloody thing has a little pillow recessed in the breech on the opposite side of the cam feed!) and put the 1.5 upgrades in it and called it the Omen 2.0. If you buy a 1.0, don't expect to be able to find the 1.5 cams and board for upgrades, pretty much none out there. Although the 1.0 arms can be jerry rigged to function like 1.5's.

SOAD8789
04-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I had an omen once. I liked the back block :D

"Different" is the only word I can really use to describe the things. They do require a bit of attention, but when they're tuned right they can be pretty fun. I wouldn't spend any more than 100 on one though.

secretweaponevan
04-04-2008, 04:00 AM
If you buy a 1.0, don't expect to be able to find the 1.5 cams and board for upgrades, pretty much none out there.

I have a BNIB 1.5 Omen board that I was going to use for a project. I'll let it go for $30 shipped if you need it.

tech-chan
04-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Has anyone ever considered throwing the cam on the side of a lvl 7 mag? Would that work? Or am I just crazy?

pmstc
04-04-2008, 08:21 AM
The cam is designed to work on a closed bolt marker. It might work on a cocker, but I doubt you could get it to work with a mag.
I doubt it would be worth it either, from what people are saying I'd MUCH rather have Level 10. :p

tech-chan
04-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I thought so, I just love having my hopper to the right of my gun. Just a personal preference.

Stayhuge
04-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I had one a while ago. It wasn't bad if you are just going to tinker with it. I found it to be more tempermental than a Cocker. Definately go with the 1.5 version if possible. and I wouldn't spend more than $100. Good luck

AnthonyDStone
04-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I've never owned one. It's a blowback sear tripper so it will probably have a bit of kick, and probably not shoot as smoothly as, say, an ego or a spooler, but if you can get one cheap I'm sure they're great.

WRONG,These shoot VERY smoothly,They do have some kick but it really doesn't affect the performance of its accuracy.Most accurate marker I EVER seen,Comparably to a very well tuned cocker.The Con Being that you need SPECIAL Aftermarket Paddles to use a Force feed hopper,a revy works fine.These Markers Have a Great trigger pull and great quality.The Cam Feed "slaps"the ball into the breech so it won't chop.It works Amazingly well,The older version is worse off so watch for that,You want the 1.5 or 2.0.2.0 have 20 bps the rest are 15bps.Hope this Helps,And READ the Manual!

Tony

ransomMAG
04-10-2008, 12:46 PM
WRONG,These shoot VERY smoothly,They do have some kick but it really doesn't affect the performance of its accuracy.Most accurate marker I EVER seen,Comparably to a very well tuned cocker.The Con Being that you need SPECIAL Aftermarket Paddles to use a Force feed hopper,a revy works fine.These Markers Have a Great trigger pull and great quality.The Cam Feed "slaps"the ball into the breech so it won't chop.It works Amazingly well,The older version is worse off so watch for that,You want the 1.5 or 2.0.2.0 have 20 bps the rest are 15bps.Hope this Helps,And READ the Manual!

Tony
yes the omen is a very smooth operating gun i had one with a PDP chip before they cam out with the 2.5, the gun was also sometimes a pain because you had to tune it at the beginning of the day....the omen changed the way i play speed ball because how it was made and the preformence it gave me

angrysasquatch
04-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Huh, mine's very chunky I guess I'd say as for the way it operates? I just assumed it was the giant block of aluminum reciprocating at the back. Do I need to do some more recock fiddling then, to get it to cycle smoothly?

And I just looked in my manual, it's 25 bps (when you're programming the bps, 0 pulls = 5bps, therefore 20 pulls = 25 bps)