PDA

View Full Version : xmag ace calibration Q

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Wired up my ace in my xmag, a previous owner claims it was working so lets hope.

I goto the calibration mode on xmod 1.8 and the ace block never turns off. No matter which way i adjust the pot, I took a volt meter and the +5v connection is doing +5v, the signal wire does change in value from 4ish down to 2ish when i adjust the pot.

I have the vert breech on and the feedneck hole and barrel hole blocked so no light gets in.

I do not have access to a camera that can show IR :(.

Is this normal?

MANN
04-04-2008, 05:13 PM
the block should only be on when your finger is covering it (or a paintball). sounds like it is probally bad. Dont worry tho. Almost all xmags have bad aces. :cheers:

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2008, 05:27 PM
the block should only be on when your finger is covering it (or a paintball). sounds like it is probally bad. Dont worry tho. Almost all xmags have bad aces. :cheers:

:cry:, but if it was bad would the sensor say it always sees a reflection?

MANN
04-04-2008, 05:30 PM
of the 4 xmags I have owned all of mine did the same thing as yours. I was working on mine with kyle, and he lead me to believe my sensor is bad. I gave up after that, and tuned my lvl x to be a little lighter on paint. I then purchased 5 scuba tanks to insure that I would always have enough air.

A-Tach-One
04-04-2008, 05:48 PM
:cry:, but if it was bad would the sensor say it always sees a reflection?
Yep any bad ace I ever had with XMod says this.

Was this ace in that frame when you recieved the XMag or did you replace it with another? If it came in that XMag, it never worked while I had those lowers.

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Yep any bad ace I ever had with XMod says this.

Was this ace in that frame when you recieved the XMag or did you replace it with another? If it came in that XMag, it never worked while I had those lowers.

came in, funnie as someone who got it after you said it was. :mad:

A-Tach-One
04-04-2008, 05:58 PM
came in, funnie as someone who got it after you said it was. :mad:
Nope, and I informed the person who traded me for it that it didn't work but I used it as an on/off switch.

EDIT: I just looked and I have saved all of the pm's and responses about this subject of this ace board.

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Nope, and I informed the person who traded me for it that it didn't work but I used it as an on/off switch.

EDIT: I just looked and I have saved all of the pm's and responses about this subject of this ace board.

I am not faulting you. arghs more phone calls tonite!

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2008, 10:56 PM
yea its def fried