PDA

View Full Version : So I takes my new mag to the Paintball store...

acropilot19
04-05-2008, 12:25 AM
...with the Dynaflow to get it aired up & try it out. I just finished putting together my "Fallen Angel" mag (see post: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228726) and this was the first time with the Dynaflow. Right away a crowd starts to gather as I crank the output pressure and do tha "RT Thang".
:headbang:
"Dude, what kinda marker is that?"

"its an Automag."

"...a what?"
:tard:

Out of twentysomeodd people in that store, only the store owner had ever heard of one.

"you guys wanna see sumthin cool?"
(stick my fingie in breech & pull the trigger)
:eek: :wow: :eek:

One dude actually jumped back the first time I did it, fully expecting the tip of my finger to shoot out the barrel.
:rofl:

...only later did it occur to me that I prolly coulda won money on a dare if i'd done that...
Oh, well.

...Might be havin' some new visitors to AO soon.
;)

trevorjk
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
now did you put paint threw it?? that woulda made em cry ;)

Ninjeff
04-05-2008, 01:29 AM
:clap:

good show! :shooting:

rifleman wi
04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
now did you put paint threw it?? that woulda made em cry ;)
i was told to turn down or leave PB Sams a few years back because my mech Y mag was bouncing to much, eventho they had guys out there i was playing aganst cheating like crazy with their electros.. :mad:

d4m4don3
04-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Dude which store was this? :)

babyface
04-05-2008, 10:16 AM
great story. its always nice to show people up when they think they know everything about paintball guns.

acropilot19
04-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Dude which store was this? :)

Zypher Paintball in Ventura. Good store, good guys.
:)

trevorjk
04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
i was told to turn down or leave PB Sams a few years back because my mech Y mag was bouncing to much, eventho they had guys out there i was playing aganst cheating like crazy with their electros.. :mad:

yeah sams is very odd when it comes to that :( i personally wouldnt mind one bit. but whatev.

pump
04-06-2008, 12:12 AM
next time tell them its a threshold, and if you have a midgeted mag tell them its a IQ...or whatever its called now

usagi_tetsu
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Had that same reaction when I pulled out my Classic at the local field (Jaeger's Subsurface (http://www.jaegers.com/) in KC), all the refs gathered around and asked "what is that?"

You know, I'm fairly certain they don't pay the refs at ANY paintball field all that much, but part of the entrance interview should be identifying older gear. It just blows my mind that a mere decade ago we were all playing tournies with either mech 'cockers or 'mags, and the kids these days can't ID any of your gear if it doesn't require batteries (or come from a company that makes electroflingers). Granted, you would see the odd Angel, Impulse, or Bushmaster, but the majority of tourney flingers were using mech markers.

sandfreestyle
04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I had something like this happen to me too. I took my Ripper Mag into the local shop to shop the owner the it was finished and like 3 13 years olds were like, "nice shocker". I looked at them with discust and the owner said, " This thing will beat the :cuss: out of a Shocker." They had looks of confusion on their faces, and with out any notice the owner took the gun aired it up stuck his fingure in the breach and let off a few shots. The kids freaked out cause they thought his fingure was gone. (Gotta love the level X) The kids were like, "How is that possible that your fingure is not hurt when it doesn't have eyes?" He laught and said, "Do some re-search on AGD and you will find out." Next time I went in, the owner said that everyone of those kids had bought an RTP and love it. So count 3 more people into the Army.

Empyreal Rogue
04-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Had that same reaction when I pulled out my Classic at the local field (Jaeger's Subsurface (http://www.jaegers.com/) in KC), all the refs gathered around and asked "what is that?"

You know, I'm fairly certain they don't pay the refs at ANY paintball field all that much, but part of the entrance interview should be identifying older gear. It just blows my mind that a mere decade ago we were all playing tournies with either mech 'cockers or 'mags, and the kids these days can't ID any of your gear if it doesn't require batteries (or come from a company that makes electroflingers). Granted, you would see the odd Angel, Impulse, or Bushmaster, but the majority of tourney flingers were using mech markers.

A lot of the guys I work with started playing paintball with Automags. My boss, Ron Stern, is actually quite the AGD man himself. He still has his E-Mag.

I remember when I first showed off my Pneumag and let people play with the trigger, people who normally shoot Egos, PM7s, Ions, etc and they were amazed by how light it was. Can't wait to show off my E-Mag soon. :D

PBChappy
04-09-2008, 11:45 AM
I will never stop kicking myself for ever selling off all my mag gear maybe one day when I get some more money i can get rogue or tuna to build me a new mag

TnDeathInc
04-09-2008, 01:11 PM
people dont know what to thing of my older mags and especially the ule warp mag. They do think my xmags are larger proto types of the invert mini, i let them think that :)

MechWarrior
04-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I love it when that happens, however it really ticks me off when people say "Sweet shocker man!" That is an insult.

BiNumber3
04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Took my classic in for a fill recently, n the owner recognized it.... n said it should be in a museum:D ev1 else had no idea wat it was either.

pyrodragon
04-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Took my classic in for a fill recently, n the owner recognized it.... n said it should be in a museum:D ev1 else had no idea wat it was either.

just image a RTP with a Z-Grip... talk about all the :confused: it's a lovely feeling not only do they :wow: but then the finger in the breech and the speak about the x-valve make my workhorse one "badarse" gun or a "legend". it's so sweet :headbang: :dance: