PDA

View Full Version : Spring and velocity

bjyourk
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Still attempting to get my pneumag running. It fires with all three spring sizes, but cant get the velocity below 315 without the frame and body internals hissing. Is this a lvl 10 issue? Or possibly a carrier issue?

MANN
04-05-2008, 01:47 PM
where is the hissing sound coming from? the back of the valve or the barrel? What type of valve are you using?

bjyourk
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I have the X valve with lvl 10 installed. When the velocity is up, it shoots fine....with any spring. When I turn it down, I see the mpa kicking the sear but the bolt doesn't move. Then, the hissing comes from the msv as it normally should. Just, occasionally, the msv gets stuck open hence the continual hiss..

SR_matt
04-05-2008, 07:51 PM
maybe a carrier issue?

or if the bolt isnt returning fully (like 1mm pushed back and it clicks in) it normally is because either the carrier needs to be larger sized or the bumper that is between the bolt and valve body needs to be replaced

-matt

bjyourk
04-06-2008, 06:28 AM
maybe a carrier issue?

or if the bolt isnt returning fully (like 1mm pushed back and it clicks in) it normally is because either the carrier needs to be larger sized or the bumper that is between the bolt and valve body needs to be replaced

-matt

It, the bolt, resets fully. I know because when i turn the velocity back up, it fires normally. But when I turn it down, the mpa just pushes the sear and nothi g moves(see first post).

Guess I'll try thr carrier idea.

SR_matt
04-06-2008, 04:44 PM
It, the bolt, resets fully. I know because when i turn the velocity back up, it fires normally. But when I turn it down, the mpa just pushes the sear and nothi g moves(see first post).

Guess I'll try thr carrier idea.
they ya carrier also make sure your not over tightening either of the screws holding body/rail/frame all together
-matt

secretweaponevan
04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Too much friction from the carrier. More oil and/or larger carrier.