PDA

View Full Version : low pressure tank degassed on its own today

sunjess
04-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, my low pressure tank degassed on its own today while sitting in my bag, scared the crap out of me. I just got it the other day brand new and played a few games with it today without a probem. I ran to the paintball store afterwards and got it filled to around 4500. Its a crossfire tank. After I got home I kept the tank in my bag and about an hour later I hear this REALLY loud degassing noise coming from my tank. it felt like the air was coming from the sides of the tank and not though the pin at the top. Any idea what could have happened?

HELP

SR_matt
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
your burst disk blew out, so either the burst disk was bad or the tank got way over pressurized

o also some tanks haev a 2nd stage burst disk so the reg could have given out in the first stage and let to much psi into the lower psi stage

-matt

sunjess
04-05-2008, 08:03 PM
so does that mean that tank is done?

SR_matt
04-05-2008, 08:08 PM
not at all. if the burst disk blew out you just get a new one and put it in (just make sure its the right pressure for it).

if the reg blew out then its probably just an oring that went bad. jsut take it to a good paintball shop or call crossfire up

-matt

sunjess
04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

:headbang: