PDA

View Full Version : not your typical pneumag questions

gunangel
04-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey guys,

I just finished pneu'ing my zgrip today and a few things came up.

Did anyone else have to mill their sear in order to clear the mpa3 piston when using a classic rail? (I don't remember doing it for my other pneumag with a RT pro rail)

and

It's only happened twice, but sometimes when I'm playing the hose will fly off the barb. I heard about barb clips, anyone know where to get them?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

longi
04-06-2008, 12:34 AM
i 've not had to mill or cut any of the metal off of my sear. How long did you leave the MPA-3 piston? It should be just a little proud of the retaining washer when in it's rest position. There maybe a couple of different type of hoses with different burst ratings. Are you using a ULT or an Emag/RT on/off?

gunangel
04-06-2008, 01:26 AM
I followed the steps (i.e. move the sear all the way forward and back and then move the piston another mm), and I guess it is just shy of the retaining washer.
I'm using a ULT.
I don't mean it bursts per se, it just flys off the barb. Most of the time it's fine but like I said I've had it blow off the barb twice and I'd really like that possibility to go down to zero.

Thanks for the response

seekandestroy78
04-06-2008, 01:22 PM
break out some old cocker top hats. it slides on the hose then when you put the hose on the barb push the tophat down.

http://www.thempn.com/reviews/pps/frontright.jpg

the little brass things on the hoses are top hats

edit: kapp hose kit with tophats, $5 http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=350

Spider-TW
04-06-2008, 02:00 PM
It's only happened twice, but sometimes when I'm playing the hose will fly off the barb. I heard about barb clips, anyone know where to get them?
Next time it happens, check the hose. If it is stretched out and hard, it probably got some petroleum oil on it that it didn't like. Cut the end off if you can and try to use synthetic oil only. Sometimes the whole hose is just old. On the other hand, tickler barbs are pretty worthless for grip. If yours just has ribs instead of barbs, get one with barbs.