PDA

View Full Version : Question about UMF

KevinA
04-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Hello everyone, I have a UMF, that I am putting on my Tac One, the gun fires fine when I have the intelli frame on it, but when I put the UMF on it, it won't fire. Do I need a different sear? Or is the rod tat attaches to the sear not long enough for the UMF? The sear is the one that came with the UMF, and I have a ULT kit on it. When I pull the trigger, it hisses, and then won't do anything. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

Kevin

secretweaponevan
04-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Use the sear that worked with the intelliframe (as long as you are using the same rail) and with the safety on, the gap between the trigger and the rod should be 1/16th of an inch.

KevinA
04-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Ok, I don't have a feeler gauge, but I know that the gap is bigger than 1/16, is there something else comparable, that I could use to measure?

rawbutter
04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
The UMF trigger has a set screw so you can adjust when it's hitting the sear rod thingy. I would try fiddling with that. Once you find the right position, loctite it in place.

KevinA
04-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I tried that, and I thought I had it, cause it fired twice, then went back to hissing, and then nothing. Then I turned the pressure off, and when I screwed the on/off asa back on, the giun fired. So I think I ran it down too much.

rawbutter
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
You do have enough air in your tank, right? You didn't run down while testing everything out?

secretweaponevan
04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Ok, I don't have a feeler gauge, but I know that the gap is bigger than 1/16, is there something else comparable, that I could use to measure?

About the thickness of a matchbook cover. You just want a tiny visible gap to make sure that there is enough forward travel so that the on/off valve can open up all the way.

KevinA
04-07-2008, 12:25 AM
You do have enough air in your tank, right? You didn't run down while testing everything out?
Yes, I have plenty of air, about 2600psi.

KevinA
04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
About the thickness of a matchbook cover. You just want a tiny visible gap to make sure that there is enough forward travel so that the on/off valve can open up all the way.
OK, I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Kevin