PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some opinons

KevinA
04-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Hello again AO!
I had some questions about two markers, and I figured I'd come to the people who would not BS me. I like yourselves, own a mag, so I know there really won't be any bias in your opinions. I had a Mini once, and enjoyed the feel of it, over all thought it was a great marker. Now I was curious how you all might compare it to the NXT Shocker. Opinions on both, preference between the two, and reviews from your own experience are appreciated. Basically, wanting to know which would be the smarter purchase? Thanks in advance.

Kevin

kruger
04-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I've had both. I liked both. I got rid of both. No particular reason for getting rid of them. But, they just weren't my "thing", if you get my drift. The Mini just felt too light to me. Nothing else was wrong with it. It just didnt fit me. The Shocker was a better fit, but, also was not a good fit for me. If you ignore the business issues with SP, then the shocker is a decent marker, and can be a great marker with a little grooming. They both will do the job, slinging paint. And paintball markers are like cars, everybody has their own preference as to look, style and performance. Decide what fits you best, you are the only one that can. But, as to function they will both work good enough.

KevinA
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I've had both. I liked both. I got rid of both. No particular reason for getting rid of them. But, they just weren't my "thing", if you get my drift. The Mini just felt too light to me. Nothing else was wrong with it. It just didnt fit me. The Shocker was a better fit, but, also was not a good fit for me. If you ignore the business issues with SP, then the shocker is a decent marker, and can be a great marker with a little grooming. They both will do the job, slinging paint. And paintball markers are like cars, everybody has their own preference as to look, style and performance. Decide what fits you best, you are the only one that can. But, as to function they will both work good enough.
Did you preffer either over the other?

kruger
04-06-2008, 12:25 PM
As far as shooting, no. The shocker did feel a little more substantial to be because of the weight. Made for a more balaced pkg, to me anyway. I do like the idea of the Mini. And, i liked the way that it looked, if that counts. I am a bigger guy and the Mini was just too small for me. If you ignore the cost difference between the two, and the weight, I would shoot either one.

KevinA
04-06-2008, 12:28 PM
As far as shooting, no. The shocker did feel a little more substantial to be because of the weight. Made for a more balaced pkg, to me anyway. I do like the idea of the Mini. And, i liked the way that it looked, if that counts. I am a bigger guy and the Mini was just too small for me. If you ignore the cost difference between the two, and the weight, I would shoot either one.
Food for thought... thanks :cheers: . Anyone else?

garbageman705
04-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Get a Viking and be done.
:shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

KevinA
04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Get a Viking and be done.
:shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No one is offering to trade a viking for my X7 setup. :)

Whee McGee
04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Ignoring SP's :cuss:, The quality of Shockers has always put me away from them. I've seen many that after a year or two, are all faded, with the anno coming off. I can understand the frame of mind of those who grab and pass having no problem with this, but I don't consider myself such, so it doesn't show me good signs. I really like the Mini, it's overall size is impressively tiny, and although it's short the on/off, if I had the option of the two, I'd pick up the Mini.

KevinA
04-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Ignoring SP's :cuss:, The quality of Shockers has always put me away from them. I've seen many that after a year or two, are all faded, with the anno coming off. I can understand the frame of mind of those who grab and pass having no problem with this, but I don't consider myself such, so it doesn't show me good signs. I really like the Mini, it's overall size is impressively tiny, and although it's short the on/off, if I had the option of the two, I'd pick up the Mini.
Thank you. Will keep that in mind. Please keep them coming.

TnDeathInc
04-06-2008, 07:14 PM

yep the mini was too little for my hands it seemed like i was playing with a toy but it had great shooting and speed.

BigEvil
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Keep in mind that most Shockers are very high maintenance.

MANN
04-06-2008, 07:45 PM
yep the mini was too little for my hands it seemed like i was playing with a toy but it had great shooting and speed.

I have one, and feel the same way. It is perfect however for my wifes size ( 5'3 120).

punkncat
04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Well I am a big guy with meathooks for hands and I really like the Mini that I own. It has been a great low cost marker. I have not changed a thing other than the barrel. It has been consistant, reliable, and almost completly trouble free. The trouble I did have was due to my not replacing the battery after sitting for a long time.

I have not liked any Shocker well enough to own over a few weeks. I have had various issues with them, mostly consistancy and bolt stick. As I have seen the SFT is a better marker than the NXT has been so far. They were around for a long time for the bugs to be worked out.