PDA

View Full Version : Question on RT Pro with X-Valve, LX and ULT

Stingrayman42
04-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I am using a crossfire with an output of 850 psi. I have tried adjusting the velocity back and forth with no results. The gun is well oiled. Also it is brand new. I purchased it last year and just brought it out to use it. I gas it up and it will shoot ten or twenty shots and then nothing (there is still pressure in the trigger it just doesn't shoot). If you adjust the velocity one way or another it will shoot once or twice and then stop again. I know there are similar things up, but this problem seemed slightly different. Any ideas?

Mechanic79
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I am using a crossfire with an output of 850 psi. I have tried adjusting the velocity back and forth with no results. The gun is well oiled. Also it is brand new. I purchased it last year and just brought it out to use it. I gas it up and it will shoot ten or twenty shots and then nothing (there is still pressure in the trigger it just doesn't shoot). If you adjust the velocity one way or another it will shoot once or twice and then stop again. I know there are similar things up, but this problem seemed slightly different. Any ideas?

The on/off could be sticking, the level X carrier o-ring could be sticking. Did you chrono the marker? You could have debris somewhere in the reg/valve.
What oil are you using?

Send me a PM. I'm in MN as well.

secretweaponevan
04-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Use a squeegie to push on the bolt. If it clicks back into place, you are experiencing bolt stick. Add shims if you are already at the largest carrier that doesn't leak.

Stingrayman42
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Turns out it just needed a shim. Thanks for the help guys! Mechanic are you going to be at the Special Forces Big Game on June 29th?