PDA

View Full Version : Mag wont fire.

tippmann1971
04-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Have lvl 10 w/classic valve. There is pressure on the trigger pin but it will not fire.

ManInBlack
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Is it leaking anywhere? I would check to make sure you're pusing the sear rod in far enough.

michbich
04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
A little more info would be nice. Did you try to raise the velocity? Oiled? Carrier too tight? Spring too long?

tippmann1971
04-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Oiled yes, put in shorter spring, and I guess Ill try to put in a smaller carrier. I feel the pressure on the sear rod but it only pushes back a little without firing.

code_red
04-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Try loosening the field strip screw. It works for me sometimes.

secretweaponevan
04-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Oiled yes, put in shorter spring, and I guess Ill try to put in a smaller carrier. I feel the pressure on the sear rod but it only pushes back a little without firing.

Turn up the velocity until it vents out the back, then turn in down until just after it starts leaking. A mag running a LVL 10 needs a lot more pressure.

If that doesn't work, take off one side of the grip panels and actuate the sear with an allen wrench or something just in case your trigger rod is too short.

More than likely your velocity is just too low. Watch any of the LVL 10 tuning videos on youtube or on AO.

athomas
04-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Oiled yes, put in shorter spring, and I guess Ill try to put in a smaller carrier. I feel the pressure on the sear rod but it only pushes back a little without firing.A smaller carrier will make it worse. Always use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Test it without using any shims installed.

Use the shortest spring to get the gun up and running. Turn up the velocity until the gun fires. Measure the lowest velocity that the gun will fire at. If this value is more than 20fps below the desired velocity, go to the next stiffer spring and do it again. You should be operating the gun at about 20fps above the lowest velocity that the gun will fire at. This will give you good anti chop ability and consistent operation.