PDA

View Full Version : Re annodizing a X-valve.

cyrus-the-virus
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, so I'm considering getting my valve annoed to match the rest of my gun(so it doesen't look tacky) but I need to know a few things from people who have had valves reannoed before.

1: Have/did you notice any major performance diffrences?
2: Are you limited to just solid colors or can you do acid washes as well?
3: Any trouble getting the valve to match the rest of the gun?
4: Who do you recomend to do it?

Thanks

Cy.

pk5
04-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I was considering the same thing. But i asked tuna man and he said the tolerance is too low to do the ano. Some people has done it, but very few, i think the back part of the valve can be done, but he (tunaman) didn't recommend that i do that either.

Ruler_Mark
04-07-2008, 12:42 AM
1- not noticeable
2- i got a splash on mine, shouldnt be a problem if you are re annoing vs other styles
3- mine came out the same color as my ule body, which is a diff grade than emag lowers i believe. so if your ule body match the valve should
4- a professional annodizing place like a+ 125 or GB, however i have bazooka_boy do mine i am risky :ninja:

I only got the back half of my valve done. I had an extra xvalve so my gun wouldnt be SOL if it failed.

cyrus-the-virus
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
1- not noticeable
2- i got a splash on mine, shouldnt be a problem if you are re annoing vs other styles
3- mine came out the same color as my ule body, which is a diff grade than emag lowers i believe. so if your ule body match the valve should
4- a professional annodizing place like a+ 125 or GB, however i have bazooka_boy do mine i am risky :ninja:

I only got the back half of my valve done. I had an extra xvalve so my gun wouldnt be SOL if it failed.

What about the front end? Is it possable to have the done too?

Honestly I'm not worried about the back end, nothing to tolerance specific(I don't think) It's the front end I'm worried about.

sandfreestyle
04-07-2008, 03:26 PM
It is possible to have it done, but it is pretty risky. If some freak accident happens then your out a valve. It is a decision that can take a lot of thought. I have heard somewhere that if you talk to Tunaman about what you want, he can get it done to a brand new one (insted of the black) by the people that did the original anno for AGD. The only thing is the price tag will be pretty big. If you want it done to your valve then talk to a few people who have done it before (BAZOOKA, BigEvil, Ect.). The decision has been rolling around in my head for a long time, cause I want to do the same thing.

Ruler_Mark
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
What about the front end? Is it possable to have the done too?

Honestly I'm not worried about the back end, nothing to tolerance specific(I don't think) It's the front end I'm worried about.

bazooka_boy did his own valve. and I personally can attest that it still works with no faults or leaks.

http://www.modmymag.com/images/serviced/02-11-08%20Bazooka%20Boy%20EMag.jpg

however there is still a risk with everything.

TnDeathInc
04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
GBA is doing my entire valve as we speak, if it screws up no biggie, i got a few vavles to spare. Some would freak to know i got a colored valve reanno'd

Ill let you know how it turns out

cyrus-the-virus
04-07-2008, 04:34 PM
GBA is doing my entire valve as we speak, if it screws up no biggie, i got a few vavles to spare. Some would freak to know i got a colored valve reanno'd

Ill let you know how it turns out

I would have just used a plain black valve (they're cheaper).

I'll get in touch with GBA, see what he can do.

flyingpootang
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
BigE just did his SFL's X valve.

MechWarrior
04-09-2008, 03:31 PM
GBA is doing my entire valve as we speak, if it screws up no biggie, i got a few vavles to spare.

No biggie to lose an xvalve?? Must be nice!