PDA

View Full Version : So... who is going to pry the gun out? Charlton Heston RIP

trevorjk
04-07-2008, 12:15 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/04/06/heston.dead/index.html?iref=newssearch

Actor Charlton Heston died at his Beverly Hills home at the age of 84 Saturday, his family said.

WingMan13
04-07-2008, 12:25 AM
No one. Let him be buried with them and R.I.P :shooting:

Army
04-07-2008, 12:54 AM
The man was stalwart about personal responsibility. Owning firearms was part of his life philosophy, enough so that when he was asked to run for president of the NRA, he garnered the most votes for any one candidate ever in NRA history, no doubt he would still be at the helm had he not been diagnosed with the terminal illness, and reluctantly stepped down from the office. A highly respected leader in the civil rights movement, and a close friend of MLK. The man was inarguably one of the most respected men in Hollywood and America, and was awarded the Medal of Freedom by President Bush.

"From my cold dead hands" is a statement, a battle cry if you will, about too much Government control and the infringement of our 2ndA rights. It equates to :"From my cold dead printing press" or "my cold dead Bible" or "my cold dead privacy". From your quip, I can only presume you are anti-gun or anti-2ndA.

To make a "joke" like this when this good man has actually died, is less than tasteless.

JesseB
04-07-2008, 12:49 PM
lol I think you read too much into that Army...

Not everyone is a liberal hippie pole smoker just becasue they make a joke about fulfilling a guys statement.

pmstc
04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Eh, I thought it was funny, and I'm against all government regulation of firearms.

skife
04-08-2008, 08:03 PM
time to make some soylent green