PDA

View Full Version : PB Tank on Break

Madmarx
04-07-2008, 03:02 PM
You guys seen this?
If it's already been around let me know.
Thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.break.com/index/student-builds-paintball-tank.html

RvB Caboose
04-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, that's a nice looking tank.

warbeak2099
04-07-2008, 03:11 PM
That's pretty awesome.

Btw, what the hell is that at 1:46?

punkncat
04-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I would love to have the disposable funds to build something like that.

Empyreal Rogue
04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I wonder if he knows that with his head sticking out the tank could be disabled simply by shooting the driver.

And that it would be much more efficient to use regular nerf rockets as ammunition over cartridges filled with paintballs.

Other than that, top notch. I'd like to show that to some of the scenario teams around here.

Ruler_Mark
04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I wonder if he knows that with his head sticking out the tank could be disabled simply by shooting the driver.

And that it would be much more efficient to use regular nerf rockets as ammunition over cartridges filled with paintballs.

Other than that, top notch. I'd like to show that to some of the scenario teams around here.

he should build a 1:2 size scale people to run the tank :headbang:

Empyreal Rogue
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
he should build a 1:2 size scale people to run the tank :headbang:

What I probably would have done was just built the tank so that all the controls were centered beneath the turret. That way there is only the need for one driver, instead of a driver and gunner. But maybe I'm just nitpicking because I see a lot of scenario teams and tanks come to my field since we're primarily a scenario field.

MechMags
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
thats a cool little tank... as far as elimation goes the few rules that i have seen the tank driver/gunner are pretty much immortal - as long as they can take the heat. Only thing that shuts down the tank is a rocket or satchel charge.

Load some nerf rockets in that main gun for bunker bustin' and tank battles, add a gunner and good to go...

I havent seen that one before.. and yep yep, a good disposable pile of cash to do that type of project would be pretty cool!

wimag
04-07-2008, 07:53 PM

or he could drop down and close the hatch off to his side and look out the window in front of him.

Tao
04-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I love the caption on the top of the video "..so he built himself a REGULATION paintball tank."

What does the NPPL say about tanks these days??? :rofl:

robnix
04-07-2008, 11:21 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/04/post_moto_kid_death_story_here.html

Empyreal Rogue
04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
or he could drop down and close the hatch off to his side and look out the window in front of him.

It wasn't demonstrated in the video, so how do you know that he can even sit himself further into it? Judging by his height and the way he steps out of the tank, I'm willing to bet that's as far as he can sit in the seat.

blake20
04-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Did I read that right his frat brother is 27 years old. Dang I wish I could have partied at college that long.