PDA

View Full Version : Whatīs about the "aluminium valve" ???

Manuel_FZR
01-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Hi!
Whatīs about the "aluminium valve"? Will it be released? When will it be released? How will it perform? How much will it cost? ...

Here a pic of a EMag with the valve:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/IAO_new_01/MVC229S.jpg

CRiZO
01-19-2002, 01:30 PM
yesh valves are heavy.

Xzion
01-19-2002, 10:21 PM
I believe theyre still working on the aluminum valves, not completely sure though. And if I'm not mistaken, the valve shown in the emag above, is a custom designed ReTro Valve for one/all of the Jax Warriors. Also, the reg on current RT valves is already aluminum, It might be something to look into if your looking to up the performance and cut some weight, and dont want to wait for the all aluminum valves.

Manuel_FZR
01-20-2002, 06:07 PM
... but on warpig they wrote this is the aluminium valve :confused:

Xzion
01-20-2002, 07:50 PM
yeah, it is, but its a one of a kind custom valve/mainbody setup... theyre making 'regular' mag valves in aluminum and the front halves of RT valves aluminum.... currently the RT valves regulator housing is already aluminum, which is why it can be the hard anodized black.

PyRo
01-20-2002, 08:03 PM
regular mags are all SS, the only aluminum in AGD valves (exept the custome ones for the Jax warriors, and possibly some prototypes somewhere out there) is the reg back of the RT pro.

Xzion
01-20-2002, 08:51 PM
regular mags are all SS, the only aluminum in AGD valves (exept the custome ones for the Jax warriors, and possibly some prototypes somewhere out there) is the reg back of the RT pro.

If im not mistaken, they are working on producing some Aluminum stock A.I.R. valves, that will fit regular mags, and aluminum power tube sections for RT valves, as for the RT PROs only having the aluminum reg bodies, thats a little off, the RT PRO, RT, E-Mag and ReTro Valves all have the aluminum RT regulator body.

LawFox32
01-21-2002, 04:38 PM
what would the advantages be to have this "aluminum valve", I mean other than weight reduction

Xzion
01-21-2002, 05:30 PM
weight reduction would be the only advantage that I can see... otherwise they should be virtually the same as the stainless steel ones, except in aluminum.

billmi
01-21-2002, 06:06 PM
The E-Mag in that photo was custom built for Paul "PGP" Bollenbach of the Jax Warriors. The main valve body in this valve is aluminum, and it has a larger accumulator, so that E-Mag operates at a lower pressure. Because of that larger valve body, it will not fit in a normal E-Mag/RT Pro body tube.

AGD has not made any public announcements to my knowledge about whether this is a research prototype, simply a custom team 'gun, or something one may expect to see in the future.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

slushee
01-22-2002, 01:26 AM
Last I checked, Tk himself said that aluminum valves will wear out (waz it the field strip scrow hole .. don't remember) but if we want them, he'd make them. He definatly advised against getting the aluminum valves stating that they would have to be replaced after only a few years sevice.

Manuel_FZR
01-22-2002, 08:59 AM
... a few jears... this would be enough for me - for the benefit of a lighter marker ...
And Tom would do it? I think, itīs no problem to do them, because they already have the plans, so you only have to use another material.
... and a suitable aluminium alloy will have not more wear than steel.
This would be the perfect upgrade for a superlight Xtreme :D

Shaft
01-22-2002, 02:15 PM
At the tech tour, Tom confirmed what Bill just mentioned... that the valve will have a larger air chamber for lower operating pressure.

Tom didn't seem like this was a direction he wanted to go in, but it's more of a demand of the public.

:rolleyes:

Minimag4me
01-22-2002, 02:35 PM
i enjoy the weight of the ss valve. Just remember with the less weight the gun is, the more possible kick there will be.