PDA

View Full Version : I know that once upon a time....

punkncat
04-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I was a noob too. And I had a million questions that needed to be answered....sometimes still do, but more often about new stuff nowdays. I just find it amazing though. I was looking around on the nation which was my first mistake and I realize that. But how many times does a person have to be told something the same way, broken down to the simplest terms possible for them to actually comprehend or even listen to that was said the first time......geez.

How many years into the mags current evolution before people quit asking things like, what is the difference between the tac one and the rtp/ule....
the famous will the LX work in my _____ mag.....
why aren't stores selling AGD products....

I learned today that mags need timed. :wow:

There was actually a question as to whether you could run a 4500 tank on an RT valve that was only rated at 3000. :rofl:

The classic cockers shoot further and flatter while mags arc the ball. :spit_take

What reg should I put inline with my mag valve..... :cry:

Where do I find barrels/parts/upgrades/etc....~ :cuss:

Oh man it just keeps coming doesn't it?

sandfreestyle
04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I would imagine that most of these questions are coming from people who just got a mag and know nothing about it, or kids who are coming into the sport and no nothing about their pops gun that was sitting around for awhile. I agree that it can get annoying but if they don't know anything about how mags work and what can be done with them, then I say the more info people give them the better chance they will convert others into the sickness and possibly have a revivle of AGD into mainstream again. As for the cocker stuff, I respect them and all (I even own one myself) but nothing beats a mag.

mr doo doo
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
haha, oh man, you better believe it ;). if you read those threads, you find that regular mag owners dont answer them anymore.

Madcat_MK2
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Most of those questions seem to come from new people who dont know how to look for answers and just post the first thought that pops into their head. Not much will change about that fact.

But in the event of possible flamage and not trying to hijack, but why does everyone on here seem to treat PBN like the plague? Not saying I go on it as I find the general people to be too immature for my liking, but is it similar to that for everyone else on here or something else I'm missing? Just wondering is all.

sandfreestyle
04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I have found that some people on PBN to be VERY hostel when you disagree to some things, and some can put you down when you think of an idea for something and it's not to their "standards". Yes, sometimes things happen on AO that would be considered rude or mean, but most times it's because they have had a bad day or something and they appologize quickly for it. Just my 2 cents, but I think of PBN to be a place where people go when they don't want to research something or try to come up with a solution themselves. They just try to get others to do it for them so they don't have to. But PBN also is a good place to hear what top manufacturers are doing and where they are going. I guess it's a personal prefrence thing.

BigEvil
04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Allot of younger, new players end up on PBN. They all have the same questions we all asked at some point.

Stayhuge
04-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I used to go to the AGD Section of PBN. Then I noticed that the same questions kept coming up every week. Now, I barely go there. Just PBL and AO for me

tech-chan
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I frequent pbr's chatroom and AO. thats it.

TnDeathInc
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
haha, oh man, you better believe it ;). if you read those threads, you find that regular mag owners dont answer them anymore.

i try to offer advice anytime that i have knowledge on the subject except for stupid vs. questions

maniacmechanic
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I would imagine that most of these questions are coming from people who just got a mag and know nothing about it, or kids who are coming into the sport and no nothing about their pops gun that was sitting around for awhile. I agree that it can get annoying but if they don't know anything about how mags work and what can be done with them, then I say the more info people give them the better chance they will convert others into the sickness and possibly have a revivle of AGD into mainstream again. As for the cocker stuff, I respect them and all (I even own one myself) but nothing beats a mag.

if they would get off the ps3 & do a little , just a little research they can find out every answer to every question , but the fact is its just easier for someone else to do the search for them
I try to help the ones that seem sincere & interested in learning , one time i talked a guy through a problem on the phone & he was in hawaii