PDA

View Full Version : Just made a QD-to-macroline adapter. Is it safe to use?

Hook
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I recently got an adjustable Max-Flo reg from 'Nilla Gorilla, a fellow Automaggot.

When I play outdoors in the woods, I really like to use my T2W stock and a remote line. When it comes to interior balling, I use a gripmount. However, the Max-Flo reg isn't a screw-in type. So to simplify the process of switching from gripmount to remote, I made a QD-to-macroline adaptor.

I can either hook up my remote to the male QD on the reg:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/pvcHook/Tank/IMG_6230.jpg

or use this QD/macroline adapter to use the tank under the grip:
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/pvcHook/Tank/IMG_6231.jpg

Now I know, many of you will ask me "why don't you use a braided line?" See, the T2W stock runs on a macroline, and I don't have the proper lengths of macroline to do a clean run from the stock to the valve. My line are either too long or too short.

Anyway, my question is this: do you think this setup will work fine, or should I avoid using so many adapters?

rawbutter
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
If everything's on good and tight, I would seen no issues with it. I once had three elbows connected together (it's a long story), but it worked fine. Most connectors are rated up to 3000psi, so you shouldn't have to worry as long as it's down tight.

But the only way to know for sure is to air it up and go shooting. :shooting:

Ruler_Mark
04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
yes, i have been running my tanks like that now for a bit

Spider-TW
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
The fittings are fine, but beware.

I had a QD on the output of my remote maxflo. I let a 'helpful person' fill my tank for me. When I heard the air coming out and the "oops" I thought they just had the QD on the inlet incorrectly, but no, they had put 4500 psi through the output side and blown out my orings, including the poppet oring (pita). Now I have the hose screwed into the reg and do my own maxflo tech.

mr doo doo
04-08-2008, 04:06 PM
looks like it would be safe. but i must say, that is a good idea :clap: if only i thought about that...

michbich
04-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't see a problem, other than the one spider pointed out. Make sure you pay attention when you fill.

Madmarx
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
yes sir
got that set up on a flat line

Hook
04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
The fittings are fine, but beware.

I had a QD on the output of my remote maxflo. I let a 'helpful person' fill my tank for me. When I heard the air coming out and the "oops" I thought they just had the QD on the inlet incorrectly, but no, they had put 4500 psi through the output side and blown out my orings, including the poppet oring (pita). Now I have the hose screwed into the reg and do my own maxflo tech.

That's another reason why I want to leave the macroline adaptor there, just so a field 'tech' doesn't attempt to fill my tank by the wrong inlet!

Thanks for the info guys!

athomas
04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I used a simialr setup on my emag valve until I installed a braided line. It keeps the macroline safe from damage due to connecting and disconnecting.