PDA

View Full Version : rehydro

tribalman
04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
anybody know of somewhere in the chicago area that either does a rehydro for a tank or sends them out? i went to actionvillage cause i was told they send them out, but they said no. i'm looking for somwhere that isn't too expensive, like under 40, but i don't know how much a hydro normally costs; and somewhere that has a week turn around time. i need the tank in 2 weekends. i think fox does, but i heard they take a month. any tips? thanks.

Madcat_MK2
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Try direct send to manufacturer or a scuba/weld shop nearby if you have one.

Ratzo
04-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll second the scuba shop idea.
The local scuba shop in my area had mine back in less than a week.

doc_Zox
04-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I had a dive shop do 3 of mine last week

20 bucks each

you can mail 'em in too

tbrady@fred.net
http://www.brassanchor.com
Brass Anchor Scuba Center, 519 E Church St. Frederick, MD 21701

Scott Hudnall
04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Try this:
aquahuthydro.com

Last time I checked it was about $16 per tank. And you control shipping charges by paying for return shipping at your local UPS store. It's really quite easy, fast, etc.

:cheers:

Spider-TW
04-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I sent my crossfire back to them so that it could be rebuilt, thinking it would come back at least as good as it was, if not better. It came back in two weeks for $20 hydro, $25 rebuild, + shipping. However, the extra tool marks on the reg were more than I had hoped for :mad:

Being the original manufacturer, I had hoped that they would be able to do better.

Mechanic79
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I've used this place for Co2, N2, tanks etc.... they are pretty fast, easy to work with and reasonable
(Then again, I'm within a short drive from them. Even my local scuba shop uses them.)

All Fire Test Co.
915 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN , 55401-1030
Phone: 612-332-3473
FAX: 612-321-9177

B-Pow
04-08-2008, 03:35 PM
anybody know of somewhere in the chicago area that either does a rehydro for a tank or sends them out? i went to actionvillage cause i was told they send them out, but they said no. i'm looking for somwhere that isn't too expensive, like under 40, but i don't know how much a hydro normally costs; and somewhere that has a week turn around time. i need the tank in 2 weekends. i think fox does, but i heard they take a month. any tips? thanks.

Hrm...Villa Park...

There is a scuba shop on Addison Road just south of North Ave, across from the White Hen. I would assume they could eather do it or give you a list of viable options. And if you are by there if you like Gyros I suggest you swing into Gyros Express....so tasty.

TnDeathInc
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
hydrotesting.com good turnaround and you done have to worry about a scube shop or fire dept blwoing your regulator up. I had 2 bad experiences and lost a flatline and a amrageddon. The flatline was rebuildable the armageddon never made it.

tribalman
04-08-2008, 03:42 PM
hydrotesting.com good turnaround and you done have to worry about a scube shop or fire dept blwoing your regulator up. I had 2 bad experiences and lost a flatline and a amrageddon. The flatline was rebuildable the armageddon never made it.

thank you all for the quick responses. i'll check out that one on addison across from the white hen.

and TnDeath, that's one of the tanks i need hydroed, my armageddon.... :(
also, that site isn't working, brings up a placeholder website.

Spider-TW
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Good point. If you have a flatline and are able, pull everything off that you can before you send it out. Make a note of which side has the gauges and the nipples because the threads get stretched by the stainless parts more than the aluminum/bronze gauges. With everything off, my old 3k flatline came back from a local shop perfect ($20). The only difference was the hydro stamp. I like to keep everything I can. At least I'll know why it's broken. :rolleyes:

MournBlade
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Yellow pages - gas cylinders, hydrostatic testing
I found 3

The guy I use is about a 45min drive from oakdale PA, but he does it for $8.50.

Spider-TW
04-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Yellow pages - gas cylinders, hydrostatic testing
I found 3

The guy I use is about a 45min drive from oakdale PA, but he does it for $8.50.
Oh yeah, the paper thing. :eek:

I hope it's better than the DOT hydrotest certification list that I had found online. None of the three shops I found around me would certify any bottles. :tard: They must need it for some other license. Finding a shop on the other side of Houston is barely worth the gas.

MournBlade
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
The man I use has 48 years of gas cylinder experience and a load of visual aids to demonstrate why its important not to go over the out of test lifetime.

TnDeathInc
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
www.hydrotester.com my bad

tribalman
04-09-2008, 03:57 AM
www.hydrotester.com my bad

ah, i found that one. i would ship to them, but it'll end up costing me $30 to ship plus the cost to retest it. i did go to that shop by my house, but they said it'll be a few weeks turn around. i'm probably just going to do that. 25 per tank, but i won't have them for the event i want. :rolleyes:

TnDeathInc
04-09-2008, 06:58 AM
paying extra for not crappying out a tank or reg is like a putting a rainbow in your mouth, if you can do it its well worth it

Spider-TW
04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
ah, i found that one. i would ship to them, but it'll end up costing me $30 to ship plus the cost to retest it. i did go to that shop by my house, but they said it'll be a few weeks turn around. i'm probably just going to do that. 25 per tank, but i won't have them for the event i want. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I plan around events and put a rec-ball day in before to check the reg out too. It's all time and money.