PDA

View Full Version : stripped out grip screws

mistur_sleepyass
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
any one know of a good way to remove stripped out grip screws? i've already started drilling out one of the screws but all that is really doing is dulling the bit. i've also tried to cut a grove into the screw to try to fit a screw driver in as well. thats not working out too well either. any suggestions?

VTLO910
04-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Screw Extractor Set. from Sears or ACE Hardware...

I have one at home, was two bits made by Gator something... You'll need it more then once...lol

2BAD4U
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM
any one know of a good way to remove stripped out grip screws? i've already started drilling out one of the screws but all that is really doing is dulling the bit. i've also tried to cut a grove into the screw to try to fit a screw driver in as well. thats not working out too well either. any suggestions?
you say that you cut a groove 2 fit a screw driver . hold a flathead screw driver in a slight angle & gently tap with a hamer counter clockwise . it worked 4 me . make sure your marker is lying down on top of a soft towel 4 protection & stability ...... never over tight a screw , just snug it & or lock tight it ...... :)