PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

ManInBlack
04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok, I bought a 90* Vertical adapter for my warp setup. It Says on the website that this thing is to be used with vertical feed markers. I have a vertical ULE body, and the thing is obviously too small to fit in there. Am I missing a piece?

The Adapter:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/feed0003.jpg

Itsa too small...
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/feed0002.jpg

SOAD8789
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
The flux capacitor is missing!

But really, it looks like its for warp feed bodies to use regular hoppers :confused:

Looper
04-09-2008, 04:55 PM
You just need to use the TOOL you got in the first picture... :D

Whee McGee
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
ULEs weren't exactly designed for this in mind, I think. Rogue was selling vert Warp feednecks, which looks to be what you need. Maybe you should try sending him a PM over on the Legion.

You could always tape a ridiculous buttload of tape on there. :D

secretweaponevan
04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
If you're handy, you could go get a short length of 1"OD PVC pipe and make your own adapter.

ManInBlack
04-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I could do that, but then I don't really see the point of having bought this thing. I mean, really, what's its purpose?

Madmarx
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I could do that, but then I don't really see the point of having bought this thing. I mean, really, what's its purpose?

That works with a warp body.

ManInBlack
04-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Ok, I have a warp body here and it does fit on it. You could conceivably use this thing to put a hopper on a warp body, or more likely keep the tube from looping out the side too much. In any case, the website states,

"90 Degree Feed Adaptor is used with vertical feed markers to keep the feed hose low on the marker. "

Is it just me or would anyone else assume this means it is meant to be used with any vertical feed marker to keep the feed tube from looping around the top too much? I can see how this thing would be useful if I were using an old powerfeed body, but thats different than a vertical marker. I feel a bit mislead... :(

secretweaponevan
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Aparently, you need the warpfeed feedneck. Give AGD a call.

jhill112
04-09-2008, 07:48 PM
yes go to ptp they have the warpfeed feedneck.the neck that is on the warp body.it is an angel thread also,so they may have one to.ptp is proteam products.take the neck off your body and put on the one that the 90 goes over.

ManInBlack
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Aparently, you need the warpfeed feedneck. Give AGD a call.

You're suggesting I call AGD and get one of these
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/CrashInBlack/DSCF0003b.jpg

to replace the normal feedneck I have? I guess that would work. I didn't realize they would use the same Angel threads.

TeamJackal37
04-10-2008, 12:42 AM
What I did for mine,I bought the cheapest Angel feedneck (one look like a funnel). I cut the Funnel off, use the straight part for warpfeed. It worked for me

04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
you have it going on the wrong way in the second picture
you need a warp style feedneck, then the part with the screw clamp slides over the feedneck

paintball72
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
you have it the wrong way there is a part that goes on the end that you are putting in the feedneck that will go over it and allow the black hose to fit onto it but the end with the screw and such is used to go over smooth feednecks (ones that you need the plastic adapters to put the hopper on) but to get it to work in your feedneck just grind/cut whichever you prefer the part with plastic off for it to go into your feedneck. Its what i did on mine but i have a clamping feedneck so youll want to be careful and not cut off too much, but if it is too loose you can wrap it with electrical tape till it makes a snug fit.

i would post pictures but i dont have a working camera atm

Ruler_Mark
04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
i got a extra warp neck, if ya want it shoot me a pm.

ManInBlack
04-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I think I've got it figured out. There's a new feedneck on its way to me. For the moment I'm going to use the warp body from my other mag. Thanks for your help. :clap:

Ruler_Mark
04-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I think I've got it figured out. There's a new feedneck on its way to me. For the moment I'm going to use the warp body from my other mag. Thanks for your help. :clap:

Sounds great! :headbang:

kevdupuis
04-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Actually all you need to do is grind the part of the clamp where the screw and nut are for the adapter to fit a standard AGD feed neck.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/kevdupuis/Picture044.jpg

ManInBlack
04-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Interesting, but it doesn't look any more compact than just curling the tube up and around to fit into the stock feedneck.

On another note, this weekend I rigged up the arp and played with it for the first time. Also my first time playing with the pnuemag. HOLY ****! Awesome. Heavy as balls, but a lot of fun. I've got a plan for a more permanent warp attachment and I'll post pics when it's ready. :ninja:

athomas
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
The original mag vertical feed mag bodies had the same tube size as the powerfeed bodies. The 90 degree adapter fit nicely on those bodies.