PDA

View Full Version : SP sucks, but my max-flo rocks

skyguy
04-09-2008, 06:20 PM
So I tried running my new-to-me emag on a screw in and had a really bad day, tried another tank, was a little better but still meh... (didn't shoot well any lower than 1000 psi, with some drop-off during rapid fire)

Anyway, I had this used max-flo that I got for $40 shipped on the nation. I was using it on my ULT mech mag, but I decided it need to be tried on the emag and wow... I know everyone hates SP and I'm a proud AKA owner too, but this maxflo rocks. I can shoot fast down to like 600 and it keeps shooting til at least 450 which is just astounding to me. All that and it's adjustable up to 1200 and it mounts pretty compactly on rails and I got it so cheap. Really just can't say too many good things about this reg. So now my mags will have to fight over it.

Yeah, I know the picture rule:

http://i30.tinypic.com/zx7892.jpg

going_home
04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I get a lot of grief for using Freak barrels on my mags.
When someone posts some wise acre comment about an SP barrel ruining a nice marker
I just consider them an absolute moron and ignore them.
They are entitled to their opinion but I dont have to listen to it so take your hate somewhere else. Thats my thoughts on the whole SP thing.

I like your setup. :clap:
The Smart Parts regs are quality and they fix them all the time for free
even though they arent obligated to.

If you are happy with the rig thats all that matters !

;)

sandfreestyle
04-09-2008, 06:50 PM
If you are happy with the rig thats all that matters !
Tell it how it is. I have a Micro-Max flow on mine and it doesn't bother me.

smilestyler
04-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Or you can buy a flatline and have the best of both worlds

MechWarrior
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Those are great Regs and you will enjoy it on all your mags. If anyone knocks it light'em up...w/ no shoot down!

Ratzo
04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Other than the old SP splash anno Mag parts, the Freak and the MaxFlo are the only SP products I'll use.
I just don't like the SP markers at all, I've tried my teammates Shockers, Nerves and an Ion.

going_home
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Other than the old SP splash anno Mag parts, the Freak and the MaxFlo are the only SP products I'll use.
I just don't like the SP markers at all, I've tried my teammates Shockers, Nerves and an Ion.

I dont care for any of those markers myself, I had a Shocker and an Ion and they are both junk in my humble opinion. But I've had my eye on trying one of those new Vibes, or maybe an SP1. They look pretty interesting. Be good loaners, CO2 and all, easy to work on.

http://www.smartparts.com/#/vibe/videos

;)

acropilot19
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
^
^
^
^
^
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!
THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tard: :tard: :tard:

Hook
04-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Glad you like the reg! I got one a couple of days ago and haven't aired up my mag yet.

I'm also not crazy about SP, but in all fairness, it's their markers that I don't like. their regs are pretty awesome, IMO.

Spider-TW
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
The on/offs on some of them like to cut orings. I finally polished the edge off of the on/off valve plug and it has been behaving. ZDSPB (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/index.html) has the exploded view if you need to take it down.

There's another down side to being an agg marketing company; even when they get something right they have to move on to a new 'latest and greatest' design. They probably stopped them because the RT mags benefited from them more than any other marker. :p

skyguy
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
The on/offs on some of them like to cut orings. I finally polished the edge off of the on/off valve plug and it has been behaving.

I'm gonna have to try something like that, mine works fine but my on/off is more of an on/on right now.

I definitely hear you on the moving on too soon thing, this inline manifold adjustable rail mounted max-flo was definitely the best and now they are hard to find, but that comes with the upside of being super cheap on the nation because they are "obsolete" and there are "improvements" on the micro.

Hook
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I had to order a rebuild kit, my on/off became an on/on this weekend. Also, I've added a slide check to get rid of that pressure in the macroline when turning the reg off. It simplifies things!

Thankfully I'm a lefty, otherwise that slide check and macroline would be in the way:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/pvcHook/Tac-One/IMG_6240.jpg

Spider-TW
04-14-2008, 02:47 PM
:) I have that slide on my remote. Heavy, but nice. No plating to wear off. It likes lubricant to be easy to move, but too much lets it leak a little. The best part is that I can pressure up the coil remote, easily untwist it, then pressure up my marker.

sithos
04-14-2008, 03:33 PM
And this is why I'm glad I've got an old pmi preset that outputs 1050psi. I've had the thing for ages and its about to run out of hydro, but I'll still keep the reg around even if I swap the bottle for a newer lighter one.

Hook
04-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Sounds like an awesome reg! Got any pics of it? I'm intrigued.

Spider-TW
04-15-2008, 08:14 AM
And this is why I'm glad I've got an old pmi preset that outputs 1050psi. I've had the thing for ages and its about to run out of hydro, but I'll still keep the reg around even if I swap the bottle for a newer lighter one.
I definitely see the attraction. Trouble free regs are golden. I always weigh that against being able to dial in my RT rate on any given day. I still use a single trigger frame sometimes, so the input pressure sets my 'select fire' threshold. I always keep a second mag with a Crossfire handy though. :rolleyes:

Ratzo
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Good idea with the slide-check I was thinking putting my quick dissconect on my MaxFlo.