PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet Apache Question

phatty123
04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Has anyone ever had a problem with the feed mechanism poking holes in paintballs? I have had a terrible trend of this the last 2 cases of paint. The white little feeder pokes clean little holes in a couple paintballs then feeds them through the hopper through the warp to the breach where they explode of course making a terrible mess. Any thoughts on a solution to this?

Barry

killswitch66
04-10-2008, 06:27 AM
I've heard that Ricochet's customer service is pretty good. I'd give them a call and I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you some replacement parts to take care of the problem.

Have you checked to see if there is a sharp edge on one of the paddles?

Has anyone ever had a problem with the feed mechanism poking holes in paintballs? I have had a terrible trend of this the last 2 cases of paint. The white little feeder pokes clean little holes in a couple paintballs then feeds them through the hopper through the warp to the breach where they explode of course making a terrible mess. Any thoughts on a solution to this?

Barry

Zone Drifter
04-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I have an apache, and I have had paint break in the hopper, but I think it's because of brittle paint. Honestly, I don't know what could cause it, but those paddles could poke the paintballs if they're brittle enough.

And about the customer service, I only dealt with them once, and it was online through an email requesting new screws for my hopper since I stripped out 2 while cleaning it. Still no screws in the mail, despite getting an email replying telling me that they will send me some.

phatty123
04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I called and they said they have never heard of it before, but that are sending me a new paddle. Nice people over there.

-barry

phatty123
04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
This is going to sound funny, but I had a dream last night about how to fix my apache.. at least for not tell the new padle gets here. I wrapped a bit of electrical tape around each one of the paddle arms. I have it sticking out past the end of the paddle till it almost touches the back wall when it rotates. Its the tape is softer then the plastic and the tape at the end closes the gap that the ball can get pinched against the wall. I put 2 full hoppers of the same paint that was breaking through it just now and no breaks.... woohooo for dreams.

-barry