PDA

View Full Version : ASA to short?

KrazyJ
04-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Has anyone ran into this issue?

I have a Nitro Duck Tuff skin tank with an adjustable reg on it. If I screw this tank directly onto the ASA that came with the RT ULE, it seems to screw in so far that it demolishes the oring on the tank. It wont do it with the remote adapter I have tho. I had planned on replacing the ASA at some point but I would like to be able to play with the tank on the gun before that point..

athomas
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Has anyone ran into this issue?

I have a Nitro Duck Tuff skin tank with an adjustable reg on it. If I screw this tank directly onto the ASA that came with the RT ULE, it seems to screw in so far that it demolishes the oring on the tank. It wont do it with the remote adapter I have tho. I had planned on replacing the ASA at some point but I would like to be able to play with the tank on the gun before that point..Its usually that the pins get depressed too far if the bottle goes in too far, not the orings that get torn apart. Check the ASA for rough edges. The oring should be fine all the way to the bottom of the ASA.

KrazyJ
04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Could it be that the reg is longer than standard?

Its odd to me either way. I can screw in the remote adapter into the mag and it doesn't tear up the ring but the tank will. Neither will tear up when i screw them onto my 98c.

secretweaponevan
04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
More than likely, the area surrounding the reg's o-ring gland is a tad too small of an OD. The chamber gets pressurized as you are screwing it in, the o-ring creeps back a bit and it gets sliced.

Try oiling the outside of your o-ring before screwing the tank in. Either that, or get an on/off ASA.

KrazyJ
04-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I went thru about 6 o rings trying to trouble shoot it and they were oiled every time.

I plan on getting an on/off asa at some point anyway. Just will have to stick with the remote for now.

Gun still shoots thats what counts lol