PDA

View Full Version : Pre BE or not? (need help identifying revvy)

salomon16
01-19-2002, 12:12 PM
I bought this used 9v revvy from a friend and I can't tell if its made my Brass Eagle. All it says is Viewloader and the below it says VL Revolution a lot like my new 12v. any help is appreciated!

BlackVCG
01-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Turn it on and see if it takes a split second to start spinning. If it has any delay at all, it has a Sun-Board and is made by BE.

salomon16
01-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks BlackVCG, i just compared my new 12v and the older 9v and it definately starts up a little faster. Thanks for all the help.

xmetal2001
01-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Look at the location of the switch. One my Pre-BE Revy it ahs the switch where the eye is(feed tube thing). But my hopper is a REALLY OLD powerseries and VL might had made a new one after that but before BE

salomon16
01-19-2002, 03:36 PM
yah ive seen the kind you're talking about. tom has a prototype one in the mag video. This is the newer style looking one though.

AGD
01-19-2002, 07:00 PM
We just found a small box of brand new pre-BE VL2000 9v's. We will be puttin them in the store soon.

AGD

Butterfingers
01-19-2002, 07:32 PM
The old school pre BE revies also had an oversized neck...

The VL to BE "transition" revies had a normal sized neck and the original VL board. When BE took over they reduced the size of the neck but hadent fixed the sun problem yet.
I have one of these in black and as long as you don't put a translucent shell on it it works great with no problems and has no delay.

The current ones fixed the sun photo eye problem but have an unfortunate delay.

rifleman
01-19-2002, 07:47 PM
Jeesh, I wonder else Tom is going to find in that attic of his :)

Maui PFB
01-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I also think Pre BE revs on the inside of the shell where the battery was. Had the initials of dave bell or lamar I cant remember where. Also if you had to connect the 9 volt to the wire connector yourself. Maybe I am going to far back. (would you like a custom Oil can hopper) It feeds at least 50 ball a second. And comes in all kinds of colors.

xmetal2001
01-19-2002, 11:30 PM
No, your right, my 9v powerseries feeds around 50bps:D

M-a-s-sDriver
01-20-2002, 01:30 AM
What I need is a REALLY OLD Pre-viewloader, prehistoric bent banana loader with all the...stuff...crap, motor,wires, eye, battery thingies hangin all over the outside of it. I only want the 100 round version, and I need a Tigerstripe cover for it. That would look just all great and stuff on top of my Vert feed PFB Phantom BABY!!!
HUH Maiu???
I also want a Factory Mossy Oak ViewLoader in Mint Condition, so one of you jabrones go find me one will ya?
How 'bout you Tom Kaye? Got anything REALLY good, really old in that wharehouse somewhere? I will Pay the long dollars. Either that, or Maui PFB will pay for me, because he loves me so.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Kneedragger
01-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
The old school pre BE revies also had an oversized neck...

The VL to BE "transition" revies had a normal sized neck

Wow, talk about re-writing history. The Pre BE loaders had a NORMAL size neck. After BE bought VL, they had the mold modified to fit the feed ports for their non standard size Rainmaker and Talon. At that time, those were the only 2 guns on the market that had the smaller size port.

Butterfingers
01-20-2002, 01:49 PM
When I mean "normal sized" I mean the size we use now. The over sized neck may have been "normal" back then but it isnt now.

I have one of these transition BE revies. I can assure you it fits most modern paintguns and elbows. It was a pain in the butt back then because alot of people had to buy special adaptors to make it fit. A popular remedy was electrical tape LOL.

magmonkey
01-20-2002, 05:40 PM
another way to tell (at least on both of my pre BE revys)is that they have a small skull molded into the plastic on the inside of the bodies
none of my brass eagle revys have this but both my black and blue old school revys do.

DarkRipper
01-21-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
I also want a Factory Mossy Oak ViewLoader in Mint Condition, so one of you jabrones go find me one will ya?
How 'bout you Tom Kaye? Got anything REALLY good, really old in that wharehouse somewhere? I will Pay the long dollars. Either that, or Maui PFB will pay for me, because he loves me so.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

I have one. Tee hee.

You know how rare these stupid things are?

They are called "FX revolutions" and were marketed by PTP, that should help your search a little.

:)
DR

The HALO guy
01-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Factory Mossy Oak ViewLoader

One of these?

DarkRipper
01-24-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by The HALO guy
Factory Mossy Oak ViewLoader

One of these?

Isn't that a green marble?

How much you want for it?

/edit wait, what happened to the feed neck?

:)

DR