PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 problem/questions. HELP PLEASE

jmcclung
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I just bought and installed the level 10 on my minimag with an AIR valve. The bolt is installed correctly (at least i think it is), but i cannot get it to fire any faster than 250 bps (i just had it chronoed as fast as i could turn it up). The shop did not know what the problem was but they told me that the bold had been installed correctly. I am using the shortest bolt spring. Any one else have this problem? I called the AGD tech line and they are closed and the message said they weren't open on fridays, and since i want to play this weekend with my new bolt, i figured this was the best place to turn. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
JM

secretweaponevan
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
What are you using as an air source?

Do you have another reg between your air source and the mag? If so, remove it or turn it way up, it is not needed.

questionful
04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
You might want to do some emergency reading on the lvl10, and install it "right" yourself. It kinda sounds like the shop that installed it for you doesn't know quite what they're talking about.
Whatever FPS it does shoot at, does it shoot at that FPS consistently?
How old is your AIR valve? Do you have the higher pressure reg piston? Are you turning up the regulator until the relief valve goes off or something?
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

04-11-2008, 07:00 AM
if your using the shortest spring and still shooting that slow, you should try going up a carrier size, and make sure its lubed up good

jmcclung
04-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I installed this myself, i did it using the instructions on automag.org, and the video on youtube (which was amazingly helpful).

ADJUSTMENTS: It has the largest carrier ring that carrier ring that does not leak, and three shims. I can get it to shoot faster, but i have to put in the next larger carrier ring and it leaks out the front.

The AIR valve is pretty old (the whole gun is), i bought it from a guy 6 or 7 years ago and he told me that he had had it for 10 years or something, so i am pretty sure that it is one of the early model minimags, im guessing it was made in the early/mid 90's. I don't know about the reg piston, and i don't know what you meant by "the relief valve goes off", sorry. I am turning up the pressure (from the back) all the way, almost untill it leaks air. It did shoot constantly at that speed though. Thanks so much for you help, please send more if you have it
JM

You might want to do some emergency reading on the lvl10, and install it "right" yourself. It kinda sounds like the shop that installed it for you doesn't know quite what they're talking about.
Whatever FPS it does shoot at, does it shoot at that FPS consistently?
How old is your AIR valve? Do you have the higher pressure reg piston? Are you turning up the regulator until the relief valve goes off or something?
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=30&categoryID=18

code_red
04-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Put the next size spring in. The red spring. The shorter spring is suppose to be for lower velocities. The longest for higher...

There are three mainsprings supplied in your kit. For the AO beta testers we have cut one coil off the longest main spring to make a “middle” spring. This spring looks funny on one end like it’s missing a coil (cause it is) put that end on the bolt first so the good end is sticking out. In our experience either the longest or the middle main springs make the Level 10 config work on all the markers we have tested. If you need to shoot 250 fps for indoor you need to go back to the original main spring.

secretweaponevan
04-11-2008, 11:44 AM
i don't know what you meant by "the relief valve goes off", sorry. I am turning up the pressure (from the back) all the way, almost untill it leaks air.

"it leaks air" (out the velocity adjustment screw in the back) is the relief valve that prevents the marker from shooting too hot.

As mentioned just above my post, the springs are velocity dependent. You want the spring that allows the markerto cycle reliably at 20 f.p.s. below your desired velocity, that is the spring that will give you the best anti-chop and reliable service out of the box.

athomas
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I am turning up the pressure (from the back) all the way, almost untill it leaks air. It did shoot constantly at that speed though. JMIf it leaks air, then the pressure is higher than the relief setting of the regulator piston assembly. The level 10 setup requires a higher pressure than the level 7 setup. You need a new higher pressure regulator piston assembly to allow you the turn the velocity/pressure up without the safety relief venting.