PDA

View Full Version : got carried away on ebay

s1im
04-11-2008, 05:34 AM
ok got carried away on ebay and bought this, now have no idea what to do with it!
I've only had x-mags before, is it worth or can you put a x-valve in this can i change the upper body on this or is it sacrilidge to think about any of this and i should keep it original? :)
ebay id 150235040692

Looper
04-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Nice snag... I hate it that I mis these... Turner Maine is Only about an 1.5 Hours away from me... Back in the 90's I drove through Turner every day to go to work at Internation Paper in Jay.

As far as changing things up feel free to make the marker anything you want it to be. You bought it it's your marker :D

I would recommend getting an XMod programmer and updating the firmware, if it needs it, to XMod 1.8. It will add so many features it will make it a completely different marker and all for the good.

:cheers:

doc_Zox
04-11-2008, 06:45 AM
it looks like a retro valve with an X installed

Its a tad heavier than an X valve, but it should be fine as is.

IMHO, getting an X Valve would add ~175 bucks to the cost making it not a great deal any more

Keep it as is and enjoy it.

Whee McGee
04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
You have a great deal as it is, but you can feel free to do anything you want with it. I'd agree with doc, but an X always puts a smile on my face. :D
I think the most I'd do is change to ULE, but that's my particular taste.

athomas
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't worry about putting an xvalve on there. The 3 oz savings in weight would hardly be noticed vs the cost. However, I would put a ULE body on it. You won't have to worry about elbows breaking with a ULE plus it will allow you to use cocker barrels instead of the hard to find automag twistlock barrels.

X-mod is a nice addition and will give you many modes of operation not available in the standard firmware.