PDA

View Full Version : haiku for you

AT&T
04-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Brightly colored death
arcing, spraying, shooting ropes
paintball, is it fun?

Had my first speedball type experience last night, and woke up this morning with this in my head. Interesting experience, but not for me. Just thought I'd share. Anyone else?

Ninjeff
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
:clap:

thats pretty awesome.

questionful
04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I think a speedball field is extremely awesome with a max of 3 BPS or so. It's completely different with 20BPS+.

skife
04-13-2008, 03:07 PM
I think a speedball field is extremely awesome with a max of 3 BPS or so. It's completely different with 20BPS+.

its better playing stock class

warbeak2099
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Guess I'm the only one here who likes the challenge of having to make moves through lanes of constant paint. :rolleyes:

grEnAlEins
04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Guess I'm the only one here who likes the challenge of having to make moves through lanes of constant paint. :rolleyes:
:cheers: I'm right there with ya :cool:

warbeak2099
04-13-2008, 03:24 PM
:cheers: I'm right there with ya :cool:

Ten four good buddy!

tech-chan
04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
What gets me about stock class is that I KNOW there are gonna be good players playing against me. But when its 20bps, a noob can shoot you in the arse rebounding off a bunker in a one in a millionth shot. Thats not skill, thats cheating. I love 8.5bps caps. It allows you some heavy shooting, but most of the time you just gotta be darn good.

grEnAlEins
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
What gets me about stock class is that I KNOW there are gonna be good players playing against me. But when its 20bps, a noob can shoot you in the arse rebounding off a bunker in a one in a millionth shot. Thats not skill, thats cheating. I love 8.5bps caps. It allows you some heavy shooting, but most of the time you just gotta be darn good.
Personally I am all about no ROF cap. Play semi-only and no ROF limit. That's how we did it at my former home field. I pull 17.1 on average one either of my two electronic markers and 15-16 on my mechs. I am slow with the pump, but have not had much practice yet. Why punish me? Shooting fast is a skill, unless it is electronically fabricated.

Also, shooting a dude out via bunker bounce is not cheating. It is generally lucky. It can be a skill. There was a guy at the field used to play at who was REALLY got at it. He did it with a Phantom :rofl: Spray'n'pray is not cheating; it is stupid and annoying.

warbeak2099
04-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Yea there's a difference between shooting 17bps and actually being good and shooting 17bps and sucking hardcore. You can have the fastest marker ever set at 25bps ramping and still not be able to hit the broadside of a barn.

I play with ramping at my local field (only in advanced games of course, I'd never ramp on beginner players). I still have to be able to snapshoot and post well. I see kids walk on with Ions and I know they're ramping. They still can't hit anyone though. Ramping doesn't replace shooting skill.

grEnAlEins
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Yea there's a difference between shooting 17bps and actually being good and shooting 17bps and sucking hardcore. You can have the fastest marker ever set at 25bps ramping and still not be able to hit the broadside of a barn.

I play with ramping at my local field (only in advanced games of course, I'd never ramp on beginner players). I still have to be able to snapshoot and post well. I see kids walk on with Ions and I know they're ramping. They still can't hit anyone though. Ramping doesn't replace shooting skill.
Actually, statistically, if you dump enough pain in enough directions you are bound to score an elimination that you otherwise might not have gotten :p

Also, if you have enough monkeys typeing on enough typewriters, one would eventually flawlessly type the full text of Moby Dick :rolleyes: {(1/# of keys)^#number of characters in the text}

EDIT: Just in case some people cannot understand the silliness and sarcasm reelected in this post, I just wanted to explicitly say that this post was made solely for amusement. ;) :cheers:

breg
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Yeah.. good old accuracy by volume....
BTW... those guys that bring a pump onto a speedball field full of electros always scare me....