PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve Help

-Z3R0-
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a Classic Mag (RT Pro rail and foregrip/sightrail, so it actually looks like an RT Pro), and I've heard about people putting an RT on/off in their Classic Valves. I know which part this is on the AGD online store, but I'd like to hear your opinions on it. I've heard it lightens the trigger pull, which is nice, but I've heard conflicting stories of whether it makes shortstroking easier or harder to end up doing. Hopefully it makes it harder, otherwise I'll just stick with my harder trigger pull :P.

Also, because I have the RT Pro rail, foregrip mount and sightrail, I need specific mounting screws for these. When I first bought this Mag, the guy only had a total of 5 mounting screws - not even enough for the foregrip to be completely secure. I had a game coming up, and I was told that E-Mag/RT Classic mounting screws would fit and do the job well enough. Well, they do, but I've lost one, and I'd rather replace these screws with the normal ones that are supposed to be used. The ones I have now are shorter and the heads are bevelled, so they don't stay in quite as well as they're supposed to - but they do look cooler :D. Anyway, I can't find the proper mounting screws on the online store...

And, when I got the Mag from that guy, the spring pack was pretty much completely dry, just very slightly oiled (presumably with the same Extreme Rage oil he gave me with the Mag). What should I do about that? My velocity has been pretty inconsistent, even with paint that fit the barrel very well - as in 20 FPS variations. I know I need a new reg seat because the current one is very discoloured and looks quite old, but I think the springpack also would be affecting that, right? What should I do to lubricate the springpack? I've been recommended Hoppes #9 gun oil, since it won't be going on any o-rings or anything, but my town has literally no gun clubs whatsoever, and no stores that would maintenance guns, so I don't really know where I would find Hoppes #9. I don't think the hardware stores here would have it either, and if they do, then it would probably only be in a huge container, more than I'd ever use, which would therefore be a waste of money to buy that much.

Thanks in advance.

-Z3R0

questionful
04-12-2008, 09:48 PM
For teh spring pack, use some white lithium grease. I found some at my local hardware store, the cheapest amount was $4.29, and it looked like enough to last me years.

As for the FPS thing, replacing the reg seat sounds good.

04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
The foregrip/sightrail screws are just 10-32 stainless, you should be able to find them at any decent hardware store

-Z3R0-
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Alright, cool. Thanks for the replies. It looks like I might be buying an RT Pro X-valve (with ULT and LVL10 :D) soon, and I should have that before I play again. So fixing the Classic Valve isn't quite as urgent now. I'm going out to the hardware store soon to buy a strap wrench anyway, so I'll take one of the mounting screws with me and buy a bunch of extras - I don't imagine them costing very much at all.

-Z3R0

Spider-TW
04-13-2008, 09:05 PM
When you pull the spring pack, clean out the reg housing and the piston oring. Keeping the reg piston and reg walls clean and oiled helps with better regulation. People replace the orings but often forget to clean up the areas where they run.

athomas
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I had a problem with velocity fluctuation once. It turned out to be a bit of sand grit in my regulator housing. Once it was cleaned, it ran great.

Just use grease in the spring pack to keep it from rusting and sticking. Use a good quality light synthetic air tool oil for lubricant in the gun.

The retro on-off works fine in the classic valve. The top is the same size as the classic top so it recharges just as fast, which keeps short stroking to a minimum. The smaller bottom section means it requires only 4lbs of trigger pull vs 8lbs with the classic on-off. The main reason people think it is easier to short stroke is because it is easier to shoot fast, and therefore easier to make a mistake if you don't release the trigger all the way.

-Z3R0-
04-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, that's an 8lb trigger pull? Geez. I'm probably getting an Xvalve with ULT soon... so that's going to be under 1/8th the pull :ninja:? Wow. Plus a Level 10 (I was getting some chops last time I played... even though I use a Torque. I guess it's because of the powerfeed and super long ball stack).

-Z3R0