PDA

View Full Version : Pneu Rapidfire?

gunangel
04-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Well I ended up using a direct pin set up for my pneumag (a pin is used instead of a lever to actuate the msv2). So I grinded myself quite a few nails, each about one mm shorter than the one before it . So I found one that works, but the one right above it does something insanely interesting! The mag will go into a full rapid-fire sequence if you play around with the lpr with the slightly larger pin. With the slightly larger pin I can literaly touch the trigger (I guess the pin is just long enough to be touching the spring and any additional force partially activates the msv2's out port) and have the marker go into rapid fire. I guess by tuning the lpr combined with partial activation of the msv2 makes the mpa3 piston acts as a type of spring and cycles the marker again and again and again and again really really fast.

So I guess this is a type of sweet spotting with an lpr :D

Just thought I'd share my discovery, and if it isn't new ease me into it gently :cry:

P.S. an x-valve in rapid-fire is insane :shooting:

Darthmag99
04-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Looking for some help here, I just built a pnuemag. Its pretty smooth, but its not very fast. The Marker has an emag valve with rt on/off in it. I lowered the LPR and it seems smoother than when it was higher.

I have seen many pnuemags that are much faster in assist than mine, where should I look to make adjustments?

can you help me out?

bjyourk
04-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Looking for some help here, I just built a pnuemag. Its pretty smooth, but its not very fast. The Marker has an emag valve with rt on/off in it. I lowered the LPR and it seems smoother than when it was higher.

I have seen many pnuemags that are much faster in assist than mine, where should I look to make adjustments?

can you help me out?

Did you end up putting tghe internals in the chrome intelli? If you swapped out the trigger, you could add some stops, top and bottom. Is the msv sticking?

Mongoose
04-16-2008, 06:11 AM

can you help me out?

i would suggest using a ult and also adding cyberaves68 's magnet mod.

bjyourk
04-16-2008, 08:05 AM
i would suggest using a ult and also adding cyberaves68 's magnet mod.

Darthmag, I have a ULT I'll trade for an e-on/off.

Mechanic79
04-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I mag modded my pneumag and drilled some holes in the MSV-2 arm trying to reduce swing weight. I can walk it but it does take some adjusting of the trigger stops to get it reliable.

Pictures (http://kemicalreaction.com/devilduster/paintball/pneumag/pneumag.html)

and a video of it firing. Crappy video quality, sorry!
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x70/mechanic79/th_pneumagvideo-1.jpg (http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x70/mechanic79/?action=view&current=pneumagvideo-1.flv)

rawbutter
04-16-2008, 11:40 AM
gunangel, I envy you. I've messed around with my pneumag a lot to try and get it to rapid fire. No such luck. :( So I'm jealous of your success, even if it's accidental.

Darthmag99, if everything on your pneumag works right, then I think what you need are trigger stops and a level return of some kind. You could do cyberave's magnet mod, or you could just use a little spring (which is a lot cheaper). Here's the post where I showed off what I did.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225568

You'd be amazed how much of a difference trigger stops and a return force makes. It's twice as easy to walk.

Darthmag99
04-17-2008, 06:08 AM
guys thanks for all the suggestions. It has trigger stops, and I have actually changed the longer ones for smaller ones so that the trigger is more comfortable.

the trigger return just feels stiff, I can straight shoot 12, maybe 13 bps, but I cant walk it. Ill try the spring trick next.

BJyourk- is your emag not working? I used the black one- it looks great. The chrome intelli made it on to another RT Pro

bjyourk
04-17-2008, 06:44 AM
It just kept going full auto. got tired of blowing through a tank of air in about 2 minutes! I sent it to Tuna for a troubleshoot. An 18-month-old and a wife don't like you spending time with pb markers! Quote; "Why do you keep F#####G with it?!"

Darthmag99
04-17-2008, 07:29 AM
ok well your in good hands with Tuna. I have a spare pin- thats shaved down- it may help- its yours if you want it.

bjyourk
04-17-2008, 09:22 AM
ok well your in good hands with Tuna. I have a spare pin- thats shaved down- it may help- its yours if you want it.

I Appreciate it.