PDA

View Full Version : 2 injured at hell survivors, flamless smoke gernade explodes

skife
04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.bodysportpaintball.com/2008/04/11/flameless-smoke-grenades-smoke-bomb-explodes-and-injures-two-people/

just thought i'd post this for everyone, my ole man herd about it on the news today.

04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
WOW
He got lucky just getting a dozen stitches and light burns
WOW

grEnAlEins
04-13-2008, 03:12 PM
holy moses! :eek: :wow:

halB
04-13-2008, 03:16 PM
I can't believe anyone would
A) Make a smoke grenade that has a hard, frangible case that is capable of building up pressure
B) Buy a smoke grenade that has a hard shell that can create an explosion.

Freaking. Morons. All the way around. Smoke bombs don't have hard cases - pipe bombs do.

Ninjeff
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
thats why you should never try and make your own.

Hope those two are ok.

Also makes you remember to always wear your mask on the field. No matter what.

halB
04-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Hope those two are ok.

So these two kids BUY a smoke grenade that explodes - and your conclusion is that you should never make one yourself.... What kind of logic is that?

None of mine have ever exploded, because I pour them into toilet paper rolls. You can't have an explosion if there's no way to contain pressure. Unless you use C4 - but that has to do with expansion rate.

michbich
04-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Hope those two are ok.

It says that they actualy bought it online.

Ninjeff
04-13-2008, 03:54 PM
It says that they actualy bought it online.

from what i gathered it was still a "homemade endevor" though. Just home-made from teh guys online. I could be wrong though.

michbich
04-13-2008, 04:12 PM
You're probably right. Too bad there website isn't working to check it out.

steve_81
04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I go over to Hell Survivors every year for their Michigan Monster Game. I remember when they made that rule for only flameless smoke grenades. since the smoke grenades that required a flame would start the dry grass on fire all the time.

Thats pretty crazy hearing about that, since i head over there every July to play.

halB
04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I go over to Hell Survivors every year for their Michigan Monster Game. I remember when they made that rule for only flameless smoke grenades. since the smoke grenades that required a flame would start the dry grass on fire all the time.

Thats pretty crazy hearing about that, since i head over there every July to play.

The flamey ones burn hot enough to melt aluminum!

(Actually, that's BS. It's a chemical reaction that causes the aluminum to melt... but it does melt!)

seekandestroy78
04-14-2008, 10:38 AM
"The explosion went off, I knew that there was a problem," Steuer said. "I knew that I was probably injured."

sorry but i lol'd

SR_matt
04-14-2008, 11:54 AM

the "cold burning" or "flameless" ones still can cause fires, we had 2 call 2 or 3 cease fires during a final battle one time and one of the reasons was a cold burring smoke caught fire (one of the other reasons was due to guy almost passing out from standing in the smoke (i think he was in side a structure))

-matt