PDA

View Full Version : My valve moves, stops firing

loudhush
04-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I have just tried to fire up my old Mini-Mag, but i have run into a problem.

My problem is that i can rattle of 3-5 shots quickly, but after that it seems to "stick". ie: the pin that comes out the back of the trigger does not return.

I have noticed that if i hit the back of the valve with some decent force, i can hear the sear click back into place and i can rattle off 3-5 more shots...and the problem repeats.

I have also noticed that the valve will move 1 or 2 mm from when I wack the valve to when it stops shooting. I think this is the root of my problem.

I'm planning on buying a new rail, the one i currently have does have some signs of wear in the track that the rail bushing travels down...but before i do that i want to get other opinions as to what the problem may be.

There are no visible signs of wear on the sear or the bolt.

Does any one have some suggestions?

JesseB
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
If your valve is not stationary then the sear wont catch the bolt and the bolt will stick forward. The valve should have a pin in the bottom of it that locks into the rail if it doesn't have that it could be the root of your problem.

Spider-TW
04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
If your valve is not stationary then the sear wont catch the bolt and the bolt will stick forward. The valve should have a pin in the bottom of it that locks into the rail if it doesn't have that it could be the root of your problem.
And the bushing that goes between the rail and grip frame should align the valve properly.

Eatem Alive
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Make sure you are using a HP tank as opposed to a LP tank. (stupid personal experience :tard: )

loudhush
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
And the bushing that goes between the rail and grip frame should align the valve properly.

I don't know what bushing you are talking about. I just had a look at the blow up diagram...could you be a little more specific.

There is a pin in the valve that follows the track in the frame rail. There appears to be no wear on that part. But the frame rail is worn where that pin is supposed to sit.

Do you guys know if that pin holds the valve in place, is it strictly the field strip screw? Or a combination of the two?

And i'm running C02, I really dont' think this is an issue, when i first got this marker there was no issue...but it slowly developed over time.

Thanks for the replies. Let me know if you want to see pictures, i'll get some up tonight if you wish.

Spider-TW
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Where the field strip screw goes through the grip, there is a copper sleeve that runs between the frame and the rail. If that is missing, it allows the field strip screw to move back and forth about 1 mm (probably about 1.59 mm).

athomas
04-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, as mentioned, it sounds like you are missing a rail bushing.

loudhush
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Where the field strip screw goes through the grip, there is a copper sleeve that runs between the frame and the rail. If that is missing, it allows the field strip screw to move back and forth about 1 mm (probably about 1.59 mm).

Just to double check is this the part you are refering to?

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

I'll double check my marker when i get home, and place an order tonight if it's not there. I'm pretty sure it is not though.

Thanks for your help

secretweaponevan
04-15-2008, 09:07 AM

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=403&categoryID=92

I'll double check my marker when i get home, and place an order tonight if it's not there. I'm pretty sure it is not though.

Thanks for your help

That's the one.

Spider-TW
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Thanks for your help
Yepper...it just sits in there and it often comes out altogether when you separate the frame and rail. It's easy to forget about and lose.