PDA

View Full Version : xvalve no longer sputtering but really slow

outreach
04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
my x is capped at like 8-10 bps, my board is reading 21 but the valve like levels off and has perfectly spaced shots at about 10, could this be coused by to many shims in the valve or what,

Ruler_Mark
04-14-2008, 02:17 PM
my x is capped at like 8-10 bps, my board is reading 21 but the valve like levels off and has perfectly spaced shots at about 10, could this be coused by to many shims in the valve or what,

What tank regulator are you using?
What is the tank's output pressure?
Is the lvl X tuned correctly?
What software are you running?
What is the dwell set to?
Are you using a emag pin?
Is the sear length in tune?
How old is the solenoid is it weak?
How old is the battery, did you try off of a full charge?

outreach
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
What tank regulator are you using?
What is the tank's output pressure?
Is the lvl X tuned correctly?
What software are you running?
What is the dwell set to?
Are you using a emag pin?
Is the sear length in tune?
How old is the solenoid is it weak?
How old is the battery, did you try off of a full charge?

throttle was told 850 psi
x valve shoots great just extremely slow
ego frame with zero b dwell at 4, changinge dwell does nothing

fairly new solinoid
half full battery will try a new one but the noid is keeping up to the trigger pulls, but the valve isnt

longi
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Have you tried another tank? I tried my friend's Dye Throttle on my mech Retro valved Mag to see if it was better than my Centerflag Hyperflow, i must say the Dye tank was tat! I was not the least bit impressed with it. The performance was very poor by way of comparison. This may well be your bottle neck. Most preset tanks really don't have the flow rate to cope with Mags. I got lucky with the Centerflag Hyperflow reg. I belive it has the highest flow rate of all the Preset regs. It's really quite good. There's still a few about new to be had, and i belive Tomahawk paintball have taken Centerflag's preset regs and are rebranding them as their own. Alternatively try and find a used adjustable reg. You may even find a new Max flow adjustable reg if you look hard enough. Crossfire preset regs are also quite good i hear. I should know i was on the receiving end of an Xmag with a Crossfire preset reg. It was quite something.

Ruler_Mark
04-14-2008, 03:24 PM
your dwell does affect this because of the sear is moved by it.

you should not be using a zeroB board as that is for dual noid'd guns.

athomas
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
If the dwell is not long enough, the bolt will rub the top of the sear while it is returning. This will cause wear and slow down the bolt speed. This could cause you to skip shots. ie, if the second shot is fired before the bolt is back, it is wasted. The board waits an entire cycle before it can shoot again. If this happens on every cycle, then your total shots per second will be half of 21, which is 10.5.

There could be other causes of this problem too, butI'm guessing it is related to the gun missing every second shot due to the bolt not being cycled properly.

outreach
04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Have you tried another tank? I tried my friend's Dye Throttle on my mech Retro valved Mag to see if it was better than my Centerflag Hyperflow, i must say the Dye tank was tat! I was not the least bit impressed with it. The performance was very poor by way of comparison. This may well be your bottle neck. Most preset tanks really don't have the flow rate to cope with Mags. I got lucky with the Centerflag Hyperflow reg. I belive it has the highest flow rate of all the Preset regs. It's really quite good. There's still a few about new to be had, and i belive Tomahawk paintball have taken Centerflag's preset regs and are rebranding them as their own. Alternatively try and find a used adjustable reg. You may even find a new Max flow adjustable reg if you look hard enough. Crossfire preset regs are also quite good i hear. I should know i was on the receiving end of an Xmag with a Crossfire preset reg. It was quite something.
this may verywell be true i switched the settings and it is now faster but isnt fully cycling or sputters it will shoot like 6 times extremmely fast then sputer shot 2 more sputer shot sputter shoot, ill try my steele see if it changes anything

outreach
04-14-2008, 05:03 PM
your dwell does affect this because of the sear is moved by it.

you should not be using a zeroB board as that is for dual noid'd guns.
its also 3 times faster if you plug an eye into it