PDA

View Full Version : came actoss this on the nation

spwz99
04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I was wandering through the Shocker forum on the nation and happened upon this picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/lilJJ187/guns006.jpg

He says it was a one of 10 soft faced Shocker bolt produced only for a handful of pros.

To me it looks like some guy glued a foamie to the end of the bolt and sold a $10 part for $150. :tard:

Can anyone here vouch for the validity of the "soft faced" shocker bolt?

Scott Hudnall
04-16-2008, 05:03 PM
"soft nose" bolts have started to become much the rage. Again, AGD way ahead of the curve.

I prefer to use a L7 foamie bolt over the LX bolt for efficiency reasons, and because it works!!!

aqua_scummm
04-16-2008, 05:04 PM
The Angel1 has a soft face bolt with the foamie roughly the same shape as an AGD one

link: http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=011-151-0036

That shocker one looks exactly like an AGD Foamie

bryceeden
04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Bob Long is making them for alot of markers now, the Shocker maybe one of them.

Spider-TW
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
He says it was a one of 10 soft faced Shocker bolt produced only for a handful of pros.

To me it looks like some guy glued a foamie to the end of the bolt and sold a $10 part for $150. :tard:
'custom work for the pros'...gotta love it.

I think you are correct, one way or the other. It does look like they milled or dremeled the end flat and stuck the foamy in.

My question would be: did the seller make it for the 'pros', or is he one of the 'pros' that bought it? :)

Bob Long is making them for alot of markers now, the Shocker maybe one of them.

Would that be the 'pillow bolt'?

Coralis
04-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Wonder when SP is going to patent it and send C&D letters to the rest of the industry :tard:

halB
04-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Hello lawsuit.

usagi_tetsu
04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Saw this one over on WARPIG - Infinity Legend Soft-Tipped Bolt (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/infinity/softbolt/).

AGD
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
[shakes head....]

AGD

Sumthinwicked
04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
:hail: tom

Swampy
04-17-2008, 11:17 PM
[shakes head....]

AGD

Tom's reaction said it best, another AGD part ripped off.
Wait and you shall see Smart Parts in action....... court room action that is.

In this day and age patent everything, even if it is a bolt/screw

ThePixelGuru
04-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hmm, gives me an idea.

1. Purchase a crapload of shocker bolts and foamies.
2. Grab my hacksaw.
3. ?????????????????
4. Profit!

Swampy
04-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Hmm, gives me an idea.

1. Purchase a crapload of shocker bolts and foamies.
2. Grab my hacksaw.
3. ?????????????????
4. Profit!

you forgot going #2 on the foamies to make them smart parts quality.

cyrus-the-virus
04-18-2008, 02:20 AM
"soft nose" bolts have started to become much the rage. Again, AGD way ahead of the curve.

I prefer to use a L7 foamie bolt over the LX bolt for efficiency reasons, and because it works!!!

They made a soft nose l7? Where can I get one of these?
found it

BigEvil
04-18-2008, 04:05 AM
If that is an AGD foamy, then at least we know that particular gun has one quality part in it.

KevinA
04-18-2008, 04:14 AM
you forgot going #2 on the foamies to make them smart parts quality.
:rofl:

tippett
04-18-2008, 04:51 AM
The Bob Long Pillow bolt doesn't look anything like the bolt pictured above.

However I would not put it past the people at SP to make a bolt for their pros although I doubt they wouldn't try and profit off of it at a later date provided it works correctly and ofcourse we haven't seen a patent floating around for this bolt.

If SP did decide to make a bolt like this it only makes sense they would use a part from an AGD bolt considering; first they know it will help lessen the impact on the paintball as proven with LVL 10. Secondly it is my personal opinion that when the cameras are off everyone working for SP are in fact closet Automag Fanboys who recite the Creed and look for other ways to profit off the genius behind the Automag. It's like the old saying if only SP employees are playing and nobody is around to witness them playing are said employees using SP markers.

I have been thing a lot about AGD lately (as I am missing my Automag) and I believe it is time to switch their motto because while it is true quality does always shoot straight given the times it needs to be more along the lines of:
"AGD Always Innovative, Often Imitated, Never Compensated"

tippett

OneUp
04-18-2008, 05:48 AM
[shakes head....]

AGD

i can only imagine how you feel! :tard: :cuss:

Spider-TW
04-18-2008, 07:45 AM
OK, now it's official.

We need a head shake smiley.

**edit**
The infinity bolt article doesn't have the depth of some of the other warpig articles (no offense intended Bill). I mean, if you put a piece of rubber between a paintball and a hard surface at the limit of breakage, how do you not see a difference? It seemed like it should be a Mr. Wizard type experiment, which could be a whole section of warpig or AO; "Paintball Experimental Methods". Some good acronym would be necessary. There could be sections on home experiments, paint testing, barrel testing and basic statistics.

If you write a FAQ, will THEY read it?

B-Pow
04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
[shakes head....]

AGD

Tom Kaye does not approve.

seekandestroy78
04-18-2008, 10:02 AM
i believe this is where the action "facepalm" comes into play

edit

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/excalpb451/picard-facepalm.jpg

frischtr
04-18-2008, 10:46 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1250/shameag6.jpg

Ruler_Mark
04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
nah its more like

http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~bb/dg/SelfDefence/Strikes/palm4.jpg

billmi
05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
The infinity bolt article doesn't have the depth of some of the other warpig articles (no offense intended Bill).

None taken. It's a simple part, not much to say.

My least favorite thing ever to review - bolts and barrels.

"I'ts a tube." There's usually not much else to say after that.

Edit - I take that back - the leas favorite is paint. Really not much to say, especially as any empirical data really only reflects the sample, not production as a whole.

Spider-TW
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Edit - I take that back - the leas favorite is paint. Really not much to say, especially as any empirical data really only reflects the sample, not production as a whole.
Do any students get statistical math projects anymore? I was wishing we could post a project format for students to use. Then ask that if they use the format then they post their results. Then every year we could get a sample of paint after it has been shipped, stored, sat-on, etc. None of it would be valuable in itself, but it would be interesting overall.

snoopay700
05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
[shakes head....]

AGD
Poor Tom, i guess since Bill was on one of your teams and was involved with you at one point it's sort of like having a kid you adopted betray you, i mean even the ion's existence is because of the mag. Dunno which i would feel more in your position, anger or disappointment of where paintball is right now.

Ydna
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Theoretically you could modify a Shocker's bolt to use a foamie, but the probelm would come from the foamie using three "ports" around it whereas the shocker bolt is made with four. I did this type of retrofit a while back but the results weren't very nice until I actually made an entire bolt from scratch to use with the foamie (one designed with the three ports in mind).

I can at least vouch that the bolt in the above picture wasn't a dremel homebew job tho. SP made a small number of these for the guys that wanted them. They offered the advantages of the softer face but didn't sovle all problems due to the way the bolt worked. There were more than 10 of them though...

billmi
05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Poor Tom, i guess since Bill was on one of your teams...

EDIT: Removed my rant, as I'm probably not the Bill being discussed here.

Spider-TW
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Theoretically you could modify a Shocker's bolt to use a foamie, but the problem would come from the foamie using three "ports" around it whereas the shocker bolt is made with four.Ok, I see what you mean now. I was thinking 'any' foamie, but you mean 'the' foamie.

Has anyone done a semi-rigid cup seal design? Just make the whole bolt tip a 'dual durometer"-over molded-space age technology cup seal? You can get it embossed with your favorite message or manufacturer (licensee) and change it out to match the anno inside your barrel. Eh, too far... You could have different port designs though.

I'm assuming snoopay is referring to spbill.

billmi
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm assuming snoopay is referring to spbill.

That would make far more sense :-)

I just have this habbit of when I'm the only Bill taking part in a conversation, thinking that people are referring to me when they say Bill - especially when the description fits (had a team sponsored by AGD, and did a white paper for TK on user programmable circuit buards during E-Mag development.) The danger of a common name - there are three Bill Mills just in the city where I live.

To return to topic... The Angel One and Infinity soft tipped bolts I think would qualify as "dual durometer" (one of may favorite market-speak phrases that sounds a whole lot more impressive than "made of two kinds of material with different hardnesses") They've got a vinyl-like bumper that' is held in place and springs against a Delrin like core.

spwz99
05-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I can at least vouch that the bolt in the above picture wasn't a dremel homebew job tho. SP made a small number of these for the guys that wanted them. They offered the advantages of the softer face but didn't sovle all problems due to the way the bolt worked. There were more than 10 of them though...

That's what I was wondering. I can only assume that it didnt work too well though, since they were never mass produced.

Spider-TW
05-06-2008, 12:19 PM
The Angel One and Infinity soft tipped bolts I think would qualify as "dual durometer" (one of may favorite market-speak phrases that sounds a whole lot more impressive than "made of two kinds of material with different hardnesses") They've got a vinyl-like bumper that' is held in place and springs against a Delrin like core.
"Dual durometer" means "it's a feature, not a defect."

I'll have to nose around some of my team-mates angels. I don't think we don't have any A-1s though. The only other thing I have read of them is that the chinese weren't putting them together...quite the same as the previous models. :rolleyes:

snoopay700
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
That would make far more sense :-)

I just have this habbit of when I'm the only Bill taking part in a conversation, thinking that people are referring to me when they say Bill - especially when the description fits (had a team sponsored by AGD, and did a white paper for TK on user programmable circuit buards during E-Mag development.) The danger of a common name - there are three Bill Mills just in the city where I live.

To return to topic... The Angel One and Infinity soft tipped bolts I think would qualify as "dual durometer" (one of may favorite market-speak phrases that sounds a whole lot more impressive than "made of two kinds of material with different hardnesses") They've got a vinyl-like bumper that' is held in place and springs against a Delrin like core.
Oh geez, i can see how that would be confusing. Yeah, i meant Bill Gardner, and i'm just used to everyone knowing that's who i was talking about, and i didn't even think about you being in the conversation, sorry for the confusion.

finnmanpa
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
[shakes head....]

AGD

Here ya go Tom!!

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8295/jpshakeheadkc4.gif

finnmanpa
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
OK, now it's official.

We need a head shake smiley.

This one's for Tom!!

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8295/jpshakeheadkc4.gif