PDA

View Full Version : centerfeed body for classic RT?

SOAD8789
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I was looking through the AGD online store at ULE mainbodies, hoping they had a separate option for the classic RT's. What I got was this:

Also, this ULE body will not fit the old Automag RT. See the RT Upgrade Package, below.

However, I did not see the RT upgrade package. Is there any way to get a centerfeed body for my classic RT?

questionful
04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
You can't get anything for the classic RT!!! Where you been? :rolleyes:

The "RT upgrade package" was nothing more than replacing your classic RT with an X-valve and new body. So, if you want a centerfeed body, either have Doc or Luke or someone like that weld a new breach and feedneck on your classic body, or get a different mag. Or maybe you could weld something to the back of a standard body. . . either way, your options are 1) do something custom or 2) get a new mag.

I'm pretty sure the only bodies made for the classic RT were PF left and right, and Euro left and right.

I am looking for a classic RT, if you want to get rid of yours to make space for a new mag, PM me.

SOAD8789
04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Hehe, I've been out of the loop for a while. I think you actually helped me get my classic shooting in another thread I made. I'm not looking to give up my baby just cause she can't have a vert feed body :bounce:

I get to play with her for the first time tomorrow, I'm so excited! Get your mind out of the gutter...

However...If you have a decent classic/minimag + cash.....maybe......

maddboy32
04-19-2008, 09:53 AM
would it be problematic to drill out the hole in the ULE vert body to allow a banjo bolt to slide thru? or i guess just make room for the banjo bolt to fit past the body .......is what i'm trying to say. :confused:

rawbutter
04-19-2008, 10:10 AM
I thought you could stick a ULE body on a classic RT. I thought it was just the valve and rail that was non-interchangable. :confused:

st6212
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I think the issue is that the classic RT valve has a smaller diameter then the other valves.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

questionful
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
You could probably put a standard boy on a classic RT, but there would be a gap between the valve and rail, and you might have to grind the back of the bottom of the body a little so it won't get in the way of the banjo. If you made a spacer that went between the valve and the rail, I don't think there would be a problem, except it might be a little ugly.

And yes, classic RT valves have a smaller diameter. They have the OD of the body's ID, unlike standard valves, which have two OD's, one of which is the body's OD.

Check it out for yourself:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/rtblowup.pdf