PDA

View Full Version : 2 classic automag problems :(

davemonster
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Hiyas

I have 2 automags with problems.

The first automag is constantly leaking through the front of the marker. I've changed the orings to the entire marker and it is still leaking. It has a lvl 10 mod. It was last used about 5 years ago in the woods. Any ideas as to why it is leakind air through the power tube?

The second is a classic automag with an ANS phase II valve in the back. I'm having a problem that the marker does not seem to have enough air going into the marker. It has a lvl 10 mod. I am using compressed air. Every time I attach a high pressure tank onto the marker, all I hear is a click and the trigger seems to have a bit of tension where I know that there is air inside. I've turned the velocity knob almost to the max now and I am still getting the same result.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

michbich
04-18-2008, 09:55 AM
problem 1
-Go one carrier smaller with the same oring.
-Is your marker oiled properly?
-Is your sear worn?

problem 2
-Turn the velocity until it starts leaking from the back and lower it until it stops leaking.
-Is your field strip screw too tight?
-Try changing for a shorter spring.
-Is your carrier too tight?

athomas
04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
problem 1
-Go one carrier smaller with the same oring.
-Is your marker oiled properly?
-Is your sear worn?

problem 2
-Turn the velocity until it starts leaking from the back and lower it until it stops leaking.
-Is your field strip screw too tight?
-Try changing for a shorter spring.
-Is your carrier too tight?I concure with above. Here is a bit of added info.

For marker 1:

Remove all the shims form your level 10 setup when checking operation. This will reduce accidental leaks. Don't worry about oil right now. It will sometimes give you false security. The orings should seal properly without oil if sized correctly. Oil will help with sticky operation sometimes, but it is meant to prevent wear and sticking, not provide a seal. If removing shims and moving to a smaller carrier size doesn't help, look at yuor sear. A worn sear will allow the bolt to sit too far forward which will expose the vent hole in the bolt stem. This will cause a constant leak out the front. Also check for the presence of a rail bushing. A missing bushing could cause the valve to sit too far back giving the same symtoms of a worn sear.

for marker 2:

Use a larger carrier with the same oring. Use the shortest gold bolt spring to start, to make sure the marker can cycle with the least resistive setup. If you get to a carrier that causes a leak and the gold spring and the marker still won't cycle with the velocity turned up all the way, put a couple of washers inside the velocity adjuster (at the back end where it presses agaist the spring pack). The washers will give you more adjustability to increase the operating pressure a bit more.