PDA

View Full Version : elcd problem

soilent green
01-19-2002, 06:22 PM
my elcd frame has been giveing me trouble its a boo yahh and when I fire fast even in semi mode it won't have enough power to fire push the on off pin it functions fine at about 1 shot a sec. It gets worse as the battery goes down it becomes almost unusable after about 400 shots I noticed the battery level indicator goes down and takes about half a sec to get back to where it was before and yes I fully charge it each time I'appreciate any help you could provide.

markhauguel
01-20-2002, 09:16 AM
I have one and it sounds like the battery is not charging completely or the battery is almost dead. This is how it gets. I assume you have the original rechargable battery or one of the high voltage 9 v. rechargables (8.4 to 9.6 v. Nimh) When mine starts to go dead it acts like that. If you are using a normal Nicad rechargable it will be like that most of the time. But it sounds like something is wrong with the battery. I hope this helps, good luck.

meat
03-03-2003, 05:40 PM
I own one and have this problem with my grip . Did buying a new battery fix it . I would think it would seeing how all rechargable batteries eventually lose it's charge.

luckymf7
03-15-2003, 08:18 PM
dude my grip does the same thing. and i have had the old one for a while and i replaced that with one of the top batties from radio shack. and still does the same thing. but i found that the battery does not charge all the way either. sould i try to buy a java spyder 9.6 volt?

wdyer14
03-15-2003, 11:22 PM
I had the same problem with my Boo-Yaah, I found a rayovac extralife the new top of their line worked great it fixed the problem.The problem with recharging is the batteries almost never fill.they either trickle down from overcharge,or get an incomplete charge.They are designed to be freshened constantly.The rayovac isn't rechargable but I got in excess off 15,000 shots with it,and it can safely be charged for 10-15 minutes to top it off(f0r a month or so),thereby extending the life even farther.(according to the radio shack pro)These can be purchased 2 for$5.00.Hope that helps.

hostage
04-09-2003, 08:50 AM
try lowering your pulse, the pulse drains a lot more if you have it set to high. I have a 9.6 NIMH 750 mAh most of the 9v looking 9.6's has about 100-170 mAh. To get to your pulse click both buttons hold it down till you see pulse comes up, set it to five and lmk. Increase it if needed, I can see more drain if it is set on a higher setting. If you turn off your grip, then you went to far :-)
-Doron