PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Problem

koolal
04-18-2008, 08:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem?

I purchased a new Etac from Tuna last fall and played a couple of times with it.

First outing worked great, the second outing I noticed that Mech mode was not working properly - I thought it was me.

Today I decided to get my marker ready for a day of Recball Saturday.

Here is the best description I can give.

New Xvalve with LVL 10.
Etac Body, Rail and E Lowers . . .
3.2 Software
Tunablade

It will not work properly in Mech mode ( Battery pin in and switched to M ) It will shoot once or twice then not shoot any more until I pull the pin for the battery.

When the Battery pin is out I can shoot with switch at M and at E but I have a bit of a problem there also.
If I was to attempt to shoot at the fastest my fingers will go it seems to shoot great but I noticed that if I were to take my fingers away from the trigger it will continue to fire untill I touch the trigger again. Sometimes it will stop on its own after more than 30 shots (guessing).

I thought that maybe from sitting for a few months it might have been oil - reoiled and continued to do it.

I thought it might have been the valve on/off but I switched the valve with two other Xvalves and it does exactly the same thing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Al

FA22RaptorF22
04-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Sounds like a simple fix.

The reason it works again in electric mode, is because the noid has enough force to counteract the problem at hand. Id say to lengthen your trigger pull and make sure that all the components (rods, sear, trigger, plunger) move freely. The only components that could keep the gun from firing are those.

Make sure everything lines up too, if you take the valve out and it fires fine by depressing the pin with your nail, then it is 99% that there is a bit of a misalignment in the sear assembly

This guide will show you how it all goes together so that you can solve your problem.
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/downloads/emagexploded.pdf

And make sure these are in check
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67604

lmk how it goes :bounce:

secretweaponevan
04-20-2008, 02:58 PM
...if you take the valve out and it fires fine by depressing the pin with your nail,

This sounds dangerous. I strongly advise against it. There will be 800+psi acting on the on/off assembly and you could really hurt yourself. Please don't do it.

koolal
04-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the help. You pointed me in the right direction. I checked the Sear assembly and found it to be out of adjustment.

I checked it with my Grandson's Xmag (which shoots great) and found it to be considerably diffferent. It also seemed to be wrong based on a less accurate tool - Tape Measure.

The Plunger rod was out by approx. .065 and the Trigger was out by approx. 2 turns.

I know that this was not the proper way of checking, but seeing that it was a Sunday evening and no place to get the proper tool.

As for now it seems to be shooting great in all modes.

Thanks again.

We learned something new today.

Al

FA22RaptorF22
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
This sounds dangerous. I strongly advise against it. There will be 800+psi acting on the on/off assembly and you could really hurt yourself. Please don't do it.

Lol, i guess thats true...although its worked for me in the past...and at least we fixed his problem....

those assembly have to be right on to work nice.