PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm Problem

EclipseClassic
04-18-2008, 08:23 PM
I just got a Sydarm. All original, great condtion. It is a bit leaky and needs orings. Where can I get orings specifically for the Sydarm. There are two orings around the 12 gram piston that need replaced. There are two orings around the vavle body that definately aren't on a classic valve that need replaced. I put two bottle orings on the 12 gram piston and they seem to be the right size, but I am unsure. I haven't messed with the valve body orings and they probably need replaced and may be the source of my leak. Where can I find those? Can any of you Sydarm guys help me out? Is it possible to find replacement parts? Can AGD help me out? I have invested a lot of money into getting this thing, I'd like for it to work.

Thanks in advance guys

Eric

questionful
04-18-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm not knowledgeable at all on the subject, but I'm pretty sure if the O-rings are a standard size they should be easy to find. Don't know where, but call AGD for the sizes, then google yourself up some urethane!

EclipseClassic
04-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Good advice. The only problem is gettin AGD on the phone. I work 7am to 7pm Monday - Friday. I can only think of food and sleep during lunch and never remember to call. I am a true AGD fan, but I don't need the headache of custom ordering orings, maybe this gun is better suited for the tinkerer.

EclipseClassic
04-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Looks like tuna sells the original parts kit for the sydarm. Hopefully that will fix my problem. Ive delved into the sydarm maintance problems a bit, looks like these things are pretty sensitive. It shoots fine and has good velocity but with the slight leak I am only getting 6-8 shots before shoot down. Fix the leak, and it should be good to go. I have a feeling this thing is going to be ebay'd, I don't have time for fiddling. :cry:

Imp_MoFo
04-19-2008, 02:00 AM
^^ Did you try try to add a generous amount of lube to the 12 gram pierce pin assembly's two Orings??... If the O'rings on my pin assembly get a lil dry they will leak a little...

EclipseClassic
04-19-2008, 06:27 AM
I did put oil on those orings, in fact I may have put too much and that is what is causing my problem.