PDA

View Full Version : Excel, CP, or Big Shot

mag_pbg
01-19-2002, 06:41 PM
I was wondering if any of you have had any experence with the Dye Excel, Custom Products one piece, or the Lapco Big Shot. Which one do you think is better, and which one is more accurat with Pro Ball¿

Thanx

Dave
01-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Tell you what dude, as soon as I get my Bigshot(should be at Pev's soon) I will compare it to the DYE X-cel and tell you what I think. Right now I have a DYE X-cel 14" It's a good barrel, and it looks the coolest...but it has pretty worthless porting halfway down it(except for noise) and the porting at the tip isn't that great. I tried many long shots, and the balls would just curve everywhere. Then again, that was with paint that didn't quite match the barrel(Team colors) So I guess it's a good barrel, but the Bigshot is probably better. I used the X-cel as my show barrel cause it looks soooo cool.:) I cannot comment on the CP.

-Dave

nutz
01-19-2002, 08:02 PM
cp is best i think

a_malfunction
01-19-2002, 10:07 PM
I have 2 Lapcos and my brother has a CP. Both are great barrels. The only difference is that the CP allows you to have a wider variety of colors, lengths, and bore sizes. The Lapco has one length (12in), 2 bore sizes, and a choice of polished stainless, or glossy black aluminum. Both shoot exceptionally well.

hubadlatimmy
01-20-2002, 12:28 AM
those are all good barrels but in my opinion go with something a bit higher maybe an all american or dye aluminum. Out of the 3 you said though a custom products 1 piece 10' is what I think