PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

Paintballer86
06-01-2001, 04:06 PM
I just bought a used automag standard feed right, the kid used it 3 times, and I picked it up for $80.00. I have about 100.00, and I am wondering what kind of upgrades I should get, and If I can switch it to powerfeed without buying the $110.00 body... and which Nitrogen tank is the best buy for the money and gives me the best preformace.
Thanks alot!!!
D.

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired.

thecavemankevin
06-01-2001, 04:27 PM
I like flat line tanks by AGD

I also would highly recomend the Warp feed

------------------
Rehab is for quitters!

Drizit
01-23-2002, 11:37 AM
however since both of the sugested upgrades are out of your price range... get whatever tank you can afford, most pre-set tanks will do to start for a mag. if it's used make sure you look for any damage to the outside of the tank, and how old it is. a fiber tank can only be hydroed 3 times and then they won't re-certify it no matter how good it is. next thing to look into is the barrel, get a decent one if you can. after that you may want to deside if you like the trigger or if you want an inteli-frame, on any other that strikes your fancy but see if you can find someone's gun who has what ever frame you are thinking about, and see if you like it. after you learn the trigger and start to bring your rate of fire up and/or you find yourself getting hit in the hopper all the time, take a look at the warp feed, and as with the frame try to find a way to bolt one on your gun to see if it's confertable for you, some people like it some hate it.

Hexis
01-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Actually you get more than 3 tests. This is from www.hydrotesters.com

"Yes, ALL composite cylinders must be re-tested every 3 years, with a maximum life of 15 years, after that they must be rendered unusable."

At this point there are some exceptions to the 3 year rule, where they have to be hydroded every 5 years. I don't think that extends the life span beyond 15 years (tho I'm not sure). If you want you could have your tank hydroded every year, and you would have 14 tests then. For 3 year tanks, at minimum for maximum life span you would need to have it tested 4 times.

Drizit
01-23-2002, 12:49 PM
my bad, i remembered the nuber wrong. i have since reread the hydrotesters.com page and hopefully won't forget the next time i'm requested to recall the information, or perhaps i'll just point to the refrence instead. :)

Paintballer86
01-23-2002, 01:53 PM
Dude, this thread is OLD
Why did you bring it up?

And the only thing that I had from that mag than I hav in my current mag is the valve and the body rail.

I have a ntro tank
and I have an Autoresponse Farme
and a Kapp DZ II
and Warp feed
and a freak
and a warp feed body
and a nice forgrip
and a warp feed body...

Drizit
01-24-2002, 09:44 AM
to be honist i don't know where i found this thred, and i didn't check the date before posting, i know i wasn't digging way back in the pages of posts though.