PDA

View Full Version : movie questions thread

Hilltop Customs
04-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok, so im drunk(thats how the best post start though, isnt it?)

Anyone thats seen "I am legend".....you know the part where Will smith gets caught in the trap, bangs his head, and is stuck hanging upside down. Who set the trap?

I just had a converstation with some friends about this tonight, and wondered what everyone else thought.

anyhow, dont limit this thread to just this movie....any question about any movie....just ask....

sandfreestyle
04-20-2008, 01:42 AM
It's been awhile since I've seen it but I think it was Will Smith who set the trap. I say that because from what was shown about the "zombies", it did not seem that they were smart/inteligent enough to do that.

I am just glad it's a different question then what I heard for a while, "Why was he talking to manikins?" I got sick of trying to tell people wht that was happening. :mad:

Hilltop Customs
04-20-2008, 01:52 AM
It's been awhile since I've seen it but I think it was Will Smith who set the trap. I say that because from what was shown about the "zombies", it did not seem that they were smart/inteligent enough to do that.

I am just glad it's a different question then what I heard for a while, "Why was he talking to manikins?" I got sick of trying to tell people wht that was happening. :mad:

THANK YOU....that is exacly what I thought when I first saw the movie....and I couldnt come to any other conclusion. IMO if your alone for that long I dont care who you are you will go skitso(however you want to spell it) It all ties in together....the manikins, his trap, and his scientific recordings.... But yet everyone I saw the movie with tonite thought it was the zombies :tard:

bornl33t
04-20-2008, 02:17 AM
well from what i heard the book to which this movie is loosly based off of has "vampires" that interact like any human. And in the alternate ended on the dvd the zombie leader can b reasoned with indicating some type of thought. The point I'm trying to make is that it could have been the zomies copying Smiths earlier trap but without the two details I listed it would have clearly had to be Smith. Either way it was a good watch!!

Hilltop Customs
04-20-2008, 02:22 AM
well from what i heard the book to which this movie is loosly based off of has "vampires" that interact like any human. And in the alternate ended on the dvd the zombie leader can b reasoned with indicating some type of thought. The point I'm trying to make is that it could have been the zomies copying Smiths earlier trap but without the two details I listed it would have clearly had to be Smith. Either way it was a good watch!!

woah, didnt know that. I did find it odd that the zombie did have "pet" dogs that he released as smith escaped from the trap. Thanks for the info!

Ive never seen the alternate ending.....but just guessing does it happen while in the basement just after smith yells for the "zombies" to stop attacking the glass?

Pacifist_Farmer
04-20-2008, 06:28 AM
You should all read the story this is "loosely" based on, sooo much better than the movie, in my opinion.

I enjoyed it but there are so many aspects of the movie which just don't work, I found myself think of it as a B-rated movie rather than a blockbuster.

I thought the point was that the "zombies" had set the trap for Will.

I'm gonna stop there cause I don't think this was a thread to point out all the movies flaws.

michbich
04-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I was under the impression that the woman set the trap.

Hilltop Customs
04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
after thinking about it more, I dont think it could have been the zombies. If they could immitate something as complex smith's trap(including finding all the tools, and then setting it up.....even though they didnt witness his actual setup) wouldnt they also immitate the use of weapons and much simpler activities? And if they could understand something as complex as that, why wouldnt they just throw some cloths and sunglasses on and go out in the light.....

anyone have any other intersting questions about movies?

LegumeOfTerror
04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
if smith had set the trap, it would have had the black bag to prevent the specimen from dying, and he had no reason to set another as he already had the woman to work with. the leader vampire guy imitated the trap he saw his woman get caught with and used it. that's why he was ready with the dogs.

sandfreestyle
04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
To tell you the truth, I didn't care for the movie. I thought it was all hype and no deliver.

One movie question I have is, why has every movie gone to CGI and wire instead of real stunts and/or locations and props? Look at good movies like T2, Origanal Star Wars, Die Hard,True Lies, Jackie Chan stuff, etc. They all had some little CGI but not the entire movie being filmed in front of a green screen. Just something that has bothered me for a while.

warpig13
04-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Here's a question...

Why make the Speed Racer movie look entirely too gay?

Engus
04-20-2008, 09:39 PM
to match the homosexuality and pedofilism(is that a word?) of the cartoon

sandfreestyle
04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Cause they don't want to spend the time and money to make a half-way decent movie.

There's 3 movies I'm waiting to see; Ironman, Dark Knight, and Transformers 2. These movies are either going to be really good or REALLY bad. Same thing goes with Incredable Hulk and Dragonball.

Hilltop Customs
04-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Here's a question...

Why make the Speed Racer movie look entirely too gay?

to follow in the footsteps of the cartoon? I remeber watching it when I was little, and even then it was horrible.

speed racer < ironman

As for CGI mentioned earlier.....its cheaper/safe.....and when your doing real stunts if you dont get the right camera angles or something goes slightly wrong, you have to start over again, which can get expensive quick. The downside of CGI.....the creators seem to be too stupid to make anything look real(physics wise, not graphics). Movies that are based or real/everyday life should be just like real life....but once the film makers switch on the CGI reality leaves the movie making equation. Either make a fantasy movie or a movie base in reality....the two cannot blend(lol will it blend).

warpig13
04-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Cause they don't want to spend the time and money to make a half-way decent movie.

There's 3 movies I'm waiting to see; Ironman, Dark Knight, and Transformers 2. These movies are either going to be really good or REALLY bad. Same thing goes with Incredable Hulk and Dragonball.

You left out INDIANA JONES.

They can't screw that up.

sandfreestyle
04-20-2008, 10:22 PM

You are right. I totally forgot that one. The previews look great and not over the top with CGI crap.

But one thing is for sure, Speed Racer will be better than Saw 5 coming out on October 23 I believe.

wetwrks
04-20-2008, 11:08 PM

I...don't...know, have you watched The Temple Of Doom lately?

warpig13
04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I...don't...know, have you watched The Temple Of Doom lately?

That was a fluke.

They didnt kill any Nazis in that one, and that's all people care about, right?

No one cares if people in India are starving.

DevilMan
04-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Back on topic for a bit...

I've not read the book but I saw the movie a little while back... I talked to someone else about it and they said that the woman that he captured was his wife.... As in she had the butterfly tattoo on her shoulder or something like that.... and that was one of the reasons he was trying so hard to find the cure. But in the movie I missed that or it wasn't there and was in the book or something... but what I did see was in the movie his wife and daughter went up in flames in the helo when it took off..... :tard:

So anyone care to shed some light on that one???

As for the trap.... I thought the vampires set it. Which was also highly confusing as he used something with a glass break trigger (However the hell that works) and used blood as the bait to call em into it.... I don't see how he would have set the trap like that for the vamps and then gotten caught in it and not had the bag to actually capture them. Also wasn't it just toooooo convenient that he woke up as the sun set when the whole time his dog was barking at him??? And since when do vamps have pets???? Yeah well the movie was not the top of the hit list for sure.... Oh and WHO THE HELL CHASES A HERD OF DEER LIKE THAT :cuss: ???? Freakin SHOOT already!!!! And deer don't run that well on asphalt and cars.

DM

Pacifist_Farmer
04-21-2008, 06:12 AM
See the fact that there are 3 different interpretations of the same event in the movie shows how poorly they pulled it off.

The wife and kids definitely burnt in the helo.

In the book there are essentially levels of infection, where some people are able to maintain "normal" functioning with the help of drugs, and other revert to killing each other like animals.

Here's a good one, besides the fact that the girl with the kids shows up at just the right time to save our "hero" how is it she got off the island in her SUV? They blew up all the bridges, and I seriously doubt there were any fairies left. Hugh holes in this movie, like the fact that the gasoline still worked after five years? I don't think so.

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Don't forget about the SUV at the very end. It looked as if it was fresh off the showroom floor with no dust, dings, scratches, or paint fade.

behemoth
04-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Don't forget about the SUV at the very end. It looked as if it was fresh off the showroom floor with no dust, dings, scratches, or paint fade.

You did notice that they couldve taken anything they wanted, right?

Hence will smith's extensive collection of vehicles.

KevinA
04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
See the fact that there are 3 different interpretations of the same event in the movie shows how poorly they pulled it off.

The wife and kids definitely burnt in the helo.

In the book there are essentially levels of infection, where some people are able to maintain "normal" functioning with the help of drugs, and other revert to killing each other like animals.

Here's a good one, besides the fact that the girl with the kids shows up at just the right time to save our "hero" how is it she got off the island in her SUV? They blew up all the bridges, and I seriously doubt there were any fairies left. Hugh holes in this movie, like the fact that the gasoline still worked after five years? I don't think so.
I have the answer too that!!! She swam accross! Or she had a SCUBA setup waiting for her. :rofl: My interpretation of the OP is that the infected set the trap, and they did it just from them seeing him do it. I think the fact that after he caught the infected woman, he stated in he memoirs that he thought they were losing all signs of self preservation, and that all reasoning had left them is what threw everyone off. This should have been apprent to everyone seeing as how it was always the Alpha male who was the one about to kill Dr. Neville everytime the chance arose. He remembered his face, and what he had done.

KevinA
04-21-2008, 10:30 AM

QFT

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 10:32 AM

Yes, but why was it so clean after been sitting for so long? I highly dubt they stopped to wash it.

KevinA
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Maybe it was in the show room, It could have been in a cargo container, or still in the factory.

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
No matter where it sat, it would still have the dusty layer that doesn't come off in the wind.

KevinA
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
:( I got nothing else...

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
It wasn't that good of a movie anyways (IMO) so I could care less of why or what things happend.

Hilltop Customs
04-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Back on topic for a bit...

I've not read the book but I saw the movie a little while back... I talked to someone else about it and they said that the woman that he captured was his wife.... As in she had the butterfly tattoo on her shoulder or something like that.... and that was one of the reasons he was trying so hard to find the cure. But in the movie I missed that or it wasn't there and was in the book or something... but what I did see was in the movie his wife and daughter went up in flames in the helo when it took off..... :tard:

So anyone care to shed some light on that one???

As for the trap.... I thought the vampires set it. Which was also highly confusing as he used something with a glass break trigger (However the hell that works) and used blood as the bait to call em into it.... I don't see how he would have set the trap like that for the vamps and then gotten caught in it and not had the bag to actually capture them. Also wasn't it just toooooo convenient that he woke up as the sun set when the whole time his dog was barking at him??? And since when do vamps have pets???? Yeah well the movie was not the top of the hit list for sure.... Oh and WHO THE HELL CHASES A HERD OF DEER LIKE THAT :cuss: ???? Freakin SHOOT already!!!! And deer don't run that well on asphalt and cars.

DM

The alternate ending shows the tattoo, its on youtube if you want to see it...

I agree the deer chase scene was just plain stupid.....just an advertisement for ford. Anyone who has been living on their own for that long would be setting traps for food/deer.....not chasing them down in a car while trying to shoot out the window.

On another note.....we are paying to see the movies right?(well some people are paying :ninja: ) Then why does in movie advertising need happen? I wonder if it is actually companies paying for screen time, or just the movie creators jumping on bandwagons and wanting to be "cool".

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
in. that scene I thought the trap was set for will.. hence the manguin he knew by sight...

I really liked it...

now as for saw 5 can't wait.. jigsaw and his followers are demented... I like some of the ways he uses to kill them.. the gorer the better for me....

Sajjad
04-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Frank the mannequin set up Will Smith. He didn’t like Will flirting with mannequin babe in the video store.

Damn those mannequins. :cool:

sandfreestyle
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
now as for saw 5 can't wait.. jigsaw and his followers are demented... I like some of the ways he uses to kill them.. the gorer the better for me....
I'm not saying that I wont see it, I'm just saying that I thing they played out the saw idea. I agree that there are some wicked cool gadgets and a leason on following directions. Just follow directions and you live.

lidocaine
04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I didnt bother reading the whole entire post but for your original question.
The zombies set the trap because remember when will smith set the trap and caught one and the camera quickly shows one of the zombies staring at what he did? He probably gained the information and set one up himself.