PDA

View Full Version : So there I was...

mistur_sleepyass
04-20-2008, 09:18 PM
... up in a bunker on an attack and defend game. We were defending of course, and i spot two guys going to a bunker directly below and I hit that nice sweet spot and take one guy out and the other guy takes off scared. Then I hear paint flying over my head from the left and I hit that sweet spot again and lay down another rope. One shot to the head later and I'm on my way off to the dead spot.
Ref- "Hey turn your gun down, we have a 13 bps cap on this field."

Me- "Dude, there's not much i can do about it, it's a mag and I can't help it if I hit that sweet spot."

Ref- "Well stop that."

I just laugh and walk off. After the game is over I was talking to the other ref and he laughed too and asked me to how fast it can go. I told him about 32 cps if tuned right maybe faster. He then also asked me to show him how fast my mag would shoot. So I hit that spot again and shoot off a good amount and the guys around me and the ref were amazed.

Shane- "Yeah, that's on an un-tuned mag. Imagine if it was tuned."

I just laughed. We then get off the field and basically made fun of our friend, who is a co-owner of the field, and his 13 bps rule. But i guess you really don't want a pro tourney player going up against a newbie and just demolishing him/her.

Then when we started to play speed ball our team split up into two groups and I ran up on one of my buddy, playing speed ball with a phantom, and barrel tagged him out. It was a good Saturday.

mostpeople
04-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Glad I could help you tune/break it in!!!

I was usin your mag about 6-7 months ago and actually it was nu_metal who helped me set it up and get it hittin that sweet spot!

It is an awesome feeling isnt it? By the way, how can you possibly want to pneumag that frame now that you have the sweetspot tuned right where you want it???

questionful
04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
If you turn the LPR on a pneumag, you can do full auto right? And then you can turn the LPR up a little to comply with the field's FPS rules.

How do you tune a mag? on/off pin length and input pressure? ULT shims?

Can lvl 7 mags shoot faster?

mistur_sleepyass
04-21-2008, 05:55 AM
i was hitting the sweet spot on my y-grip. and considering turning my airwalk into a pneu frame. any way i can reduce the recoil on my mag because when the bolt returns it sounds like an m1 ejecting its magazine.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
So your happy that your mag can hit an uncontrollable high BPS that is against the rules of the field?

teufelhunden
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
OP: I expect I'll never hear you say a word about ramping, bouncing, and other modes, right?

mostpeople
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Azreal, take your hate and obvious spite against the bounce out of here please - its perfectly controllable and you know this.

teufelhunden: He never complains about enhanced modes of firing believe me - I've played with this guy a lot.

Keep it up sleepyass, and dont listen to people like azreal - he cant handle that your gun is better than his electro's! :rofl:

mistur_sleepyass
04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
haha if only i can get my a5 to fire that fast that would be insane. then it would be bye bye ion haha

AzrealDarkmoonZ
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't mind the fact the mag was going above 13bps, EXCEPT it was over the limit set by the field. If you want whatever marker to run at whatever bps I have no issue with that, what I do think is wrong is going above the field limit then telling the ref you cannot because that is a mag.

Not sure where you get that I have hate and spite from?

mistur_sleepyass
04-21-2008, 02:37 PM
well i was not aware of the bps limit till after i was shot out. my buddy who is the co-owner of the field, who used to own a mag as well, said that it does happen with a mag when you rt it. then we laughed about it.

warbeak2099
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
It's not funny if you're lighting noobs up with it. You can most certainly turn it down by lowering the input pressure. I doubt you're getting much more than 15bps strings with a preset.

Good for you for sweet spotting your mag. Now the next time you play in an open game, turn it down. I'm sorry, but if you're sweet spotting your mag in a game with newer players, you're just as bad as the 14yo that uses uncapped ramping on noobs.

If you shoot a mag, I'd hope that you have the maturity and respect for the sport to follow field rules and respect newer players. Otherwise you and "mostpeople" are just being dicks for supporting that behavior. There's nothing wrong with what Azreal has been saying. I would urge both of you to check yourselves because if you think anything about that story you just told is cool or funny, you're dead wrong.

mostpeople
04-21-2008, 05:57 PM
lol like you're gunna get more than 17bps on a stock halo

and with a preset 800 psi tank..

so like I said, take it somewhere else

Castro #66
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Stock Halo's can do 20+.

I have to say that if there's a field rule, you'd better comply. If a person was hurt during that in any way relative to your shooting, it's entirely possible that the field owner could lose their insurance coverage for not having enforced the rules required by their insurer.

As for the people who actually care about the sport, there's also the issue of overshooting younger and newer players. I can see making a point of popping a cocky Ion-toting ramper from time to time, but anything short of putting a jerk in his place should be considered treason.

aqua_scummm
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM
yeah, breaking the rules and saying you can't control it because it's a mag is kool yo.

warbeak2099
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
lol like you're gunna get more than 17bps on a stock halo

and with a preset 800 psi tank..

so like I said, take it somewhere else

Trying to be e-cool when everyone is telling you that what you guys are supporting is wrong? Real nice.

Take your immature behavior elsewhere, hopefully somewhere other than the field where you can't hurt someone else or our sport. Get a clue kid.

mistur_sleepyass
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
i wasn't saying it was cool. and the guys that i was shooting at had more experience than i did. i simply shot a rope to keep their heads down and i think only 3 actually tagged him. i was over shot on the way to the dead spot. i know i can control the rt it's not hard. i actually wasn't trying to find the sweet spot, i generally don't even hit it when i'm using the very bottom tip of the trigger at all. i should probably add another shim because it is way too reactive as it is.

actually now that i think of it every one at the field was actually older the ref's were probably younger than i am but i didn't really see any one under 18 i mean there were kid's under 10 but they weren't playing.

the only reason i started this thread was to state the fact that i found it kinda of funny. i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. if i offended anyone i'm sorry for doing so.

on another note: a stock halo with out making adjustments to the board out of the box only feed 17 bps, i haven't adjusted it at all because i generally can not shoot faster than that on my ion. i can barely reach the cap of 15 on it.

drg
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Not funny, or cool. If you cannot control your trigger to comply with the field rules, don't use the marker.

Maybe you don't realize it but, far from illustrating some nice advantage to a less-common marker, you are illustrating a disadvantage to mechanically assisted rapidfire versus electronic. Perhaps you are unaware but reactive triggers, 'Mags in particular, were commonly banned on semi-only fields back in the day. That persists even today, sweetspotting your mag at all would get you kicked off the fields I play at.

mostpeople
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Trying to be e-cool when everyone is telling you that what you guys are supporting is wrong? Real nice.

Take your immature behavior elsewhere, hopefully somewhere other than the field where you can't hurt someone else or our sport. Get a clue kid.

lol wow

F off and take all of your assumptions with you

mistur_sleepyass
04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
As i have stated before I was not aware of the bps rule until i was shot out. I also did not intend for it to go off like that as i did not expect it to. The only reason i even tried it was so i would not short stroke when I am attempting to walk it. So after i realized what happened I immediately stopped and just used normal trigger pull and max after the first accidental rope was about 4 to 5. Then about 30 seconds later I took 3 to the head and 5 to the arm and back as I was walking off.

Beemer
04-22-2008, 12:36 AM
lol wow

F off and take all of your assumptions with you

Here is something for you to take with you. Consider yourself WARNED. I read the whole thread and this POST was uncalled for. Nobody flamed you. They were stating facts and opinions. If you want to post with the big boys on AO get some respect, class and style or please dont POST. Just because I hate it dont mean I wont do it. Wuv me or hate me you know who I am.

Indignant
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
it is funny how when someone sweet spots, it's that good ol' RT. when someone ramps, it's the death of the game... heh.

Beemer
04-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh ya, what would the max ROF be with a stock OEM X-mag, 7 to 800 psi in on the sweet spot.

AGD does not condone support or advise sweetspotting in game play. With all my Mags OTB and set to OEM specs it is hard to sweet spot it. Unless you are Zak Vetter. I think that guy could sweet spot my stock 68 Mag classic with 500psi in. Of course the ROF would Not be significant to todays standard ramping gun.

teufelhunden
04-22-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh ya, what would the max ROF be with a stock OEM X-mag, 7 to 800 psi in on the sweet spot.

AGD does not condone support or advise sweetspotting in game play. With all my Mags OTB and set to OEM specs it is hard to sweet spot it. Unless you are Zak Vetter. I think that guy could sweet spot my stock 68 Mag classic with 500psi in. Of course the ROF would Not be significant to todays standard ramping gun.

At least generally ramping boards are capped somewhere before mechanical limitations.