PDA

View Full Version : MMM.. A Tank Kit?!

Ruler_Mark
04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I'm obsessed with dynaflows... I last week was finally able to finish my collection picking up another Dynaflow reg( :cuss: the seller promissed it was a 5k and its a 4.5k so its not 100% complete but dam close) and a 45/5k scion.

45ci 5000psi DynaFlow
68ci 5000psi DynaFlow
88ci 5000psi DynaFlow

Yea thoose are REAL 5k Bottles. /enjoy

IMO Dynaflows are the best adjustable, you can feel free to argue with me but don't worry I'm keeping these. Not For Sale. :dance:

http://modmymag.com/images/tanks/IMG_0573.jpg
http://modmymag.com/images/tanks/IMG_0568.jpg

that 45's reg is locktited, so its gunna have to wait to get a real reg installed. :cry:

xxkylexx
04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Go Dynaflows!

Empyreal Rogue
04-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Can't say that I've used one, what is it that makes this reg so popular? I'm quite fond of my Flatline, so how do they compare?

And if most fields fill up to, and generally no more than, 4500 why have a 5k bottle?

Ruler_Mark
04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Can't say that I've used one, what is it that makes this reg so popular? I'm quite fond of my Flatline, so how do they compare?

And if most fields fill up to, and generally no more than, 4500 why have a 5k bottle?

One of thoose if you can why not things. They have an on/off with bleed and flow amazingly well.

Empyreal Rogue
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I can see how the bleeder would be useful.

Too bad Dynoflow's are just as hard to find as Flatlines. heh

questionful
04-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't fillers fill less than 4500 to be safe? With a 5k tank, they can fill it as high as the compressor goes, which might even be a little more than 4500?

Nice! Dynaflows are my dream regs, right now I have a 201 so I pretty much have a dynaflow, just without the replaceable dovetail (god those sound awesome) and all-aluminumness.

How hight do yours actually go when you turn them all the way up, and what color springs do you have in them?

Empyreal Rogue
04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't fillers fill less than 4500 to be safe? With a 5k tank, they can fill it as high as the compressor goes, which might even be a little more than 4500?

Nice! Dynaflows are my dream regs, right now I have a 201 so I pretty much have a dynaflow, just without the replaceable dovetail (god those sound awesome) and all-aluminumness.

How hight do yours actually go when you turn them all the way up, and what color springs do you have in them?

Right but all compressors have a shut off valve that stops at or just below the either 3000 or 4500. That's how the compressors at our field are setup. So the tank size is meaningless if the compressor automatically shuts off at 4300.

I can't say I've ever been to a field with an uncapped compressor, so to find a field that has a 5k fill would be incredible. But it's probably too dangerous to allow a compressor to fill that high. If someone steps up with a 4500 tank and doesn't realize where the cap is and overfills a 4500, you'll have a disaster on your hands.

I'm not putting down having a 5k tank, I was really just curious earlier when I asked. As someone who gets stuck on filling duty from time to time at our field I have not seen a 5k tank in person.

Ruler_Mark
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
A scuba shop in my hometown's compressor goes to 6k so they can charger thier tanks and stop running them and just fill off of that in a regulated system. He has filled my dyna to 5k once.

The yellow gauges one has gotten to just over 1200 psi on the gauge, the top has gone to 1200. other 1 not tested.

The yellow gauge has a green spring i think dont feel like busting out a wrench.

Some tornements have had fill stations that do 5k.

punkncat
04-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I adore my Centerflag 301. The only problem is its only a 3k, but it has such an awesome recharge rate and consistancy. It really makes my Mag sing. Its just a shame that it has to be refilled so often...lol.