PDA

View Full Version : Painting my Mag?

erac
01-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Has anyone successfully painted their Mag. If so how did it turn out and what paint/techniques did you use. I really dont care for the green/gray color, I was thinking maybe a nice blue.

PyRo
01-19-2002, 07:57 PM
The best way to go for the mainbody would be to powdercoat it. It is possible to paint it, but it isn't that easy to do, and you need a special type of paint.

paintbattler
01-19-2002, 08:55 PM
IMO it wood ruin it painting it. get redryder to powder it for u. it looks better and all 9 yds

erac
01-19-2002, 09:12 PM
How do I get ahold of Redryder, and how much will powder coating cost. If it's too much I may as well just get a black or chrome body from AGD.

FooTemps
01-19-2002, 09:22 PM
It's redrider... no redryder. He works for SiN now and you'll have go get him to p/c it through them. When you order it you have to specifically note that only redrider can do it. All those other employees give half baked jobs. Just look at army's poorly p/c'ed pink mag.

Xzion
01-19-2002, 10:09 PM
If you do decide to paint your mainbody, or have it painted, make sure that you/they do NOT paint between the grip frame and the body rail, and the body rail and the mainbody, as the layers of paint can effect tolerences and potentially mess up your 'mag. As for RedRider. You can contact redrider directly at redrider87@aol.com I believe. Follow the link below my sig for some pics, and find the stock black/red minimag at the bottom of the page, thats some of Redriders work.